Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
chimp on my shoulder
2,437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I find it interesting that nobody is talking about the phenomenal season Bradl is puting together. Being a kraut myself I have a little bit of extra pull for the guy, but man that guy is doin it this year.

Is it just that nobody really cares about Moto 2, or is it that He's just not that exciting to most people? usually when somebody runs a clinic like he's been doin it creates quite a buzz.

·
Registered
2,958 Posts
Well... I'm a Bradley Smith fan myself so the better Bradl does the worse it is for my guy (who's not doing so hot anyway and went plowin through the gravel trap already at Mugello), but yea Bradl is a force to be reckoned with and I do enjoy watching his craft. He is a smart rider and knows how to win a championship. Simoncelli could learn a lot from him...

I don't look as forward to each Moto2 event like I do with the MotoGP series, but I always get around to watching the race even if it is several days later.

·
chimp on my shoulder
2,437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Simoncelli could learn a lot from him...

I don't look as forward to each Moto2 event like I do with the MotoGP series, but I always get around to watching the race even if it is several days later.
now that is funny shit right there. and yeah Bradley Smith has been having a rough time, and apparently getting worse. is it still raining, or has it dried up?

·
lidzduc.blogspot.com
3,578 Posts
My guy's Kenny Noyes who looked good early in the season and is now riding injured. Yeah, I'll check the races after the fact, but now that I have MotoGp subscrition I might know eariler!!:eek:

·
Street and Track Moderator
3,888 Posts
Yes,

He is a second generation racer. He has done a fantastic job this year(kicking ass and being consistent) and so has Bradly Smith(especially performing under pressure)!

Matthew

·
Currently: Moderating
12,576 Posts
Is it just that nobody really cares about Moto 2, or is it that He's just not that exciting to most people? usually when somebody runs a clinic like he's been doin it creates quite a buzz.
Do you think Elias was creating a buzz? How did that work out after the fact?:confused:

·
chimp on my shoulder
2,437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I guess the difference is Bradl is an up and comer, where as Elias was a major league guy racing in the "minors". there has actually been quite a bit of chatter about whether or not Dorna forced LCR to take him on this year to drive home the fact that moto 2 is supposed to be a feeder class for GP. It's also been speculated, that is the reason why he' hasn't been getting the support from his team that he needs. And he has claimed that they refused to set the bike up the way he needs because of his unique riding style and has taken on some of setup duties himself.

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
Bradl is an excellent rider with a really good combination of speed, maturity and consistency. I think Marquez has a little more to ultimately offer in the speed/talent department but it remains to be seen whether he can put everything together race in race out with the same winning balance as Bradl has.

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
Bradl is strong and he also has an ability to stay focused many other Moto2 riders lack (Iannone for example).
But he's also backed by the best team in Moto2. For example Kiefer Racing spent over 130,000€ over the past winter in wind tunnel testing to come up with the best possible fairing to suit both Bradl and their Kalex framed bike. That's an impressive show of professionalism. The only other teams with similar resources (both technical and financial) are the Team Catalunya and Tech 3. Riders championship standings reflect this. There are other teams with excellent technical know how and good budgets (Ioda, Motobi etc) but they are nowhere near as well staffed, funded and organized as these three outfits.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.