Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ben will be going head to head against Anthony Gobert this weekend. Both are on 2nd or 3rd tier Hondas. They are roughly the same age. Gobert hasn't been on a roadracing bike in 12 months and has blown more 2nd chances than any athlete I can think of. Bostrom hasn't been able to locate his missing mojo since the conclusion of 2001.

I don't think anyone remotely expects either of them to win this weekend if ever again (even though it is Gobert's best track). So who'll win the battle between these two racers who a one time or another were believed to be destined for greatness?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: Bostrom VS. Gobert (bsess)

If it's raining, Gobert could take the win.

I like Ben, but I think No-show will have better results this weekend.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Bostrom VS. Gobert (Dave)

Yeah - Gobert can still put it in your face on the track.
BB is a moody girlyman, and if his breakfast didn't settle quite right, he may DNF

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Bostrom VS. Gobert (AtomTan)

In the races they both manage to finish, I think Gobert will place in front of Ben.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Agree. They will both be in the teens or DNF, but Anthony will be in front of Ben.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If you read the press release carefully it says nothing about Gobert competing in the WSB race. I believe he is only going to race the Australian S/B race. Which makes sense because it's more than likely a sponsorship conflict to run as a wild-card.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Isn't Gobert running in a 'factory' Honda team in Australia? I have a hard time believing they are running Pirelli tires.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: (kneedrag)

Kneedrag, you are correct, Ant'ny is running the Australian Superbike series. Which only makes complete and total sense.
So much for my reading comprehension skills...!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by bsess »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">In the races they both manage to finish, I think Gobert will place in front of Ben.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Bostrom will probably be happy if he is able to just start both races this time!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: (kneedrag)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by kneedrag »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">If you read the press release carefully it says nothing about Gobert competing in the WSB race. I believe he is only going to race the Australian S/B race. </TD></TR></TABLE>

It seems you are right on the money. My mistake.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hopefully The Boz will get some better equipment sorted out soon, gotta be driving him nuts sitting outside the top 10. Haga had a poor weekend too.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.