100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Thinking about plans for winter project

Diy Carbon underseat tank and tank dummy ala thorston

But i dream big...

Ive looked at this and drooled...
Google Translate 1315cc FTW!!!
182-190 hp at the HR and about 140 -145 Nm maximum torque

Is this as simple as getting 106mm inner cast iron sleeves x2 from la sleeve (LA-80 L-80)? ~$100-200ea
Ordering a custom set of pistons? ~$500? (je/cp)
Having crank stroked ape quotes ~$1k on thir site for 6mm+ but this calls for 11mm!!! even poss w/o billet?
Con rods custom jobbies think i need to order like 3k worth to have em made still looking at options...

Couple thoughts

Big Bore,
So obviously the crank & rods adds a lot to this whole shabang might be easier to just big bore and see where I am after that...

I have read on the forums people have gone +1mm +2mm w/o sleeving but i want to try and get 106mm.
With a stock crank thats a respectable 1122.5cc they are getting 163-170 hp at the RW and about 120 -123 Nm torque with just the big bore

Q1 Any ideas on 106mm piston price? je/cp?

I show 2 potential part nums from la sleeve
LA-80 & L-80 both are 105.8mm ready to be bored/honed to fit a 106mm piston one has a 3/32 wall and the other is 1/8 both are also 6.75" long...

The bigger is 4.437" od (~112.7mm)
The smaller is 4.375" od (~111.1mm)

Q2 would either/both fit safely? any idea what kind of alum outter i would be left with?

I know when i tear it apart these questions will be answered but id like to just order up my parts ahead of time

For fuel management i am planning on running a motty afr to piggyback on the ecu and would be building a custom exhaust...

·
Registered
947 Posts
put a small turbo that spools up low and bleed the boost off on top, you can have all the power you want with the twist of a knob and a fraction of the price

·
Slightly Unstable
496 Posts
id love to see you do that project and post the progress and results. big concern would be cooling that sucker. most certainly you would need front mounts.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
FYI I called carillo and ape today....

Custom rods for a stroked motor no prob... 4 week wait on custom order no min and they are ~$380ea

Looks like this might be easier/cheaper than I though...

ape says stock crank max prob 6mm so moving 3mm off journal 8 week job anyone else? maybe falicon or hord?

waiting to hear back on the pistons...

·
Registered
2,958 Posts
LOL Keep dreaming guys...

I just did a very rough calculation so forgive me if my math is off, but it looks like you are talking about taking an almost 4-3/16 inch slug up to a dead stop & then the other direction and back again at around 5600fpm during redline. :woot:

That's a pretty tall order in itself and in addition to the billet cams & Ti rods you'd probably need to have crank cases machined from scratch to hold it all together too.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
LDH I was reading how it would be pushing faster than a 1k gsxr @ 15k

So at 6mm stroke / balance carillos and custom cp at min 102-104... full of comprimise and I bet would be more realistic but that german tuned monster has got me dreaming/thinking/planning of at least an 1137.5-1182.5cc monster:rockon

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
wingnutt first you post a song from the lame-est/weakest band/front man ever then you post some more lame shit damn bro whats next nickelback lyrics....

Focus fellas.... im trying to dream a plan into reality

·
Registered
2,958 Posts
LDH I was reading how it would be pushing faster than a 1k gsxr @ 15k

So at 6mm stroke / balance carillos and custom cp at min 102-104... full of comprimise and I bet would be more realistic but that german tuned monster has got me dreaming/thinking/planning of at least an 1137.5-1182.5cc monster:rockon

An 1198 would give you more reliability and most likely the same if not more horsepower. The Duc's handle a lot better too...

You guys have to realize that while the RC51 is a very gratifying & satisfying bike to ride, it is still a turd even by standards of it's day. Back in 2000 when the RC came out a bone stock R6 would slaughter an RC51 like Mike Tyson on an ear.

What'll really get your panties in a bunch is the fact that the Duc 848 puts out the same horsepower numbers as the RC51 and weighs 72lbs less. :D

·
1,061 Posts
An 1198 would give you more reliability and most likely the same if not more horsepower. The Duc's handle a lot better too...

You guys have to realize that while the RC51 is a very gratifying & satisfying bike to ride, it is still a turd even by standards of it's day. Back in 2000 when the RC came out a bone stock R6 would slaughter an RC51 like Mike Tyson on an ear.

What'll really get your panties in a bunch is the fact that the Duc 848 puts out the same horsepower numbers as the RC51 and weighs 72lbs less. :D
And cost a sh!t ton more. Just let us dream man.

·
Registered
2,958 Posts
And cost a sh!t ton more. Just let us dream man.

The RC51 is a $10,000 bike 10 years ago, you can get a new and further improved 848 EVO complete with more horsepower than the previous model, really good Brembo monobloc brakes & a functional steering damper for $13,000.

$3000 difference after 10 years of inflation hardly seems like a "sh!t ton more" in my opinion.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Even though the Kainzinger beast seems formidable , it would be nice to read a road test or testimonial from someone who's actually owned one or even ridden one . Why don't you slap in a couple of forged pistons and install one of the tiny superchargers that are available ? With a modest 8 pounds boost + intercooler , 180 wHP should be easy . Less boost wouldn't even require new pistons , while higher boost like 12 lbs (which might need water injection+Ti rods) would yield approx 220 wHP .:eek: Not sure how long the engine would last but remember that blowers/turbos (within reason) aren't too hard on the components (unlike nos) . I know of many Kawy Vulcan cruisers running 6 to 10 lbs boost for 100K+ miles . The individual components are easily sourced but the difficult part of course is designing the system to work as an ingegrated unit with an ECU (hopefully piggyback .) I don't know of a working kit for the RC51 . I plan to build such a bike one day :rockon . Please do it so I can copy you !

·
Registered
6,304 Posts
Hey Mike you'd shit yourself if you saw some of the crazy stuff peole dream -up in the winter months here Marv Jorgensen and his 600 H.P.Snowmobile comes to mind or the dude that built a hillclimb sled using three cr 500 cylinders made 186 reliable H.P.

The vanilla guy is dreaming about big displacement for an rc-51 let's let him go after it:twocents

And don't call my ****ing bike a turd:mad:

I accept that it is the best sounding bike in the paddock and a big bored RC would sound even better.

Still looking for the turd in this picture:wacky

Attachments

·
Dr. Carbon
2,974 Posts
The RC51 is a $10,000 bike 10 years ago, you can get a new and further improved 848 EVO complete with more horsepower than the previous model, really good Brembo monobloc brakes & a functional steering damper for $13,000.

$3000 difference after 10 years of inflation hardly seems like a "sh!t ton more" in my opinion.
all true and if you just want the numbers then the most economical way to go at it aswell. But imo and the OP aswell, I'm assumig that there is a level of satisfaction in doing it yourself and doing it the way that you see fit....

GO for gold! Contact the kainzinger I'm sure that they have a list of customers/racers for testimonials.

1 - 20 of 108 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.