Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On friday i will take a plane to Italy due a friend of mine get marry near Bari. I am planning to visit the ducati factory at Bologna, hehee...

Any suggestion from somebody of you that visited it before?

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re: Bologna factory next week! (alowishus)

Leave lot's of time! Seriously, it is a blast. The Ducati Museum is great, the factory floor (with all that Porsche manufacturing technology) is really interesting and the tour is great. Try to talk your way into the "corse" area.

The factory is in an industrial area as you would expect, but donwtin Bologna is very pretty. Well worth an espresso.

Aaron

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Make arrangements with the factory before you go. Make certain a tour will be available on the day/time you plan to be in Bologna.

I did not make pre-arrangements, and was told "no tour", and turned away during a weekday business trip visit to Bologna. They may not offer tours everyday.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

ciao alowishus -

as others have advised, make sure to leave plenty of time ... you will really enjoy both the factory tour and the musuem. after the factory tour, they allow you to shop in the factory discount store ... great bargans to be had, so bring your wallet

for the tours, make sure you can get one of the english speaking guides, if english is your primary language .... alex corazza used to work on tours and is excellent at english, but now he works in the DOC, so i don't know how many english speaking guides they have at present.

i will be arriving at the factory on may 27th, so i might see you there

also, for food near the factory, you HAVE to eat at cafe stella, just down the street from the factory. ask any of the factory employees, and they can direct you. the best food in bologna, and very well priced.

ciao,
johnc

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: Bologna factory next week! (mh900e0974)

Perfect, John. I also will be at factory on 27th, and i have reservation for the 11:00 guided tour.

See you there for a beer!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

ciao alowishus -

way cool ... just ask for me by name (johnc) and they will come get me when your tour starts. i will be hanging out with the DOC folks and pierre terblanche that day.

ciao and see you at the factory,
johnc

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Say hi to Fedrico and Annailisa for me.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Re: Bologna factory next week! (Monstaman)

will do andi

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

What's with the growley face john, they have sorted things out and we are on talking terms.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Re: Bologna factory next week! (Monstaman)

ah, now that is great to hear ... did not know that and was prepared for a fight

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

Well I hope you are good at fighting yourself cos I won't partake.

They have offered a six month warrantee extension, I don't belive that will solve the big pile of mystery surrounding the MH, anyway, they have given me an invite etc to get things sorted so I am being friendly about it hence if you do say hi to Annalisa or Fedrico they should smile and not thro you out the window, if they do then I apologise in advance.

alowishus, have fun man, I still would love to go and we prolly will later in the year when we get to China we will take up Annalisa's offers, sorry for the partial thread jack.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

ciao alowishus -

i just found out my flight arrives at 13:45 on the 27th at bologna airport, and figure it will take me about an hour to get through security and over to the factory, so i might not be at the factory until 15:00.

hope to see you at the factory if you are staying after your tour.

ciao,
johnc

1 - 12 of 12 Posts