Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://forums.sportbikes.net/f...75263

From Ershank @ sportbikes.net

2003 R6, pristine condition, 6200 miles, never been dropped, ($1500 mods).

I got my tires (Pilot Powers) mounted today ($146 rape, but I wanted to ride...), so I come back 2 hours after I drop off the bike, touch the car door handle ready to walk into the store, and my cell phone rings.

Quote:
"Hey Jason, It's Doug.... You should probably come to the shop now. We mounted the tires, and did the inspection, but theres a problem......."

"Yeah? Well What's wrong?"

"...... Well the mechanic took the bike for a test drive and went down... "

"Is he alright? I hope he's not injured.... Is the bike messed up?"

"Well we'll have all the repairs done by next week. I'll expediate it trust me. I'm really sorr-"

"-I'm coming up. I'm in the parking lot."

I show up, and find my bike in the repair lot. Every fairing, the gas tank, exhaust, stator cover, left mirror, windscreen, front brake assembly, right clipon, and frame were messed up. The bike was totalled. I get my digital camera and take pictures of everything just in case.

Apparently the mechanic, "Don"-20, decided to take it out on what I later found out to be very twisty roads. He took it for a joyride on GREASY new tires, and touched down in the grass around a corner.

Don is in the hospital for a shattered Pelvis, after hitting my gas tank with such force as to cave it in.

So I speak with Sharon and Doug, the operators of Cycle City, and talk about how this will be resolved. We agree that we will discuss this further on Monday-Tuesday after the bike is completely inspected, but Doug and I both know that the bike will be totalled because of a scratched frame.

There was an 05' R6 Raven sitting behind my wrecked bike in the crate that I had my eye on. We'll see how this turns out.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Bogus (Milhouse)

The only possible thing he could do is give you a new bike; no way would I trust a bike with that much damage to be "fixed" even if it looked OK after the repairs. Never mind the ethics of doing that with a customers' bike...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Damn, that blows.

That happened around here with a cage a few years ago. A couple "mechanics" took some dudes Vette out at lunchtime.

Two mechanics? Uninjured.
Vette? Totally totalled.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: Bogus (JamesP)

"My Dad's TV repair man, he has a sweet set of tools...............we can fix it"

Sorry about your troubles, that sucks!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Dang, thats too bad. I really hope you get a new bike out of this. Hope they treat you right.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Just read the whole post over there.

Cycle City really stepped up! Dealer cost on the new '05 R6 is more than what a 2 year old model is worth.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts