Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"Riding the S1000RR, Andy Sills reached a top speed of 196.416mph on his first run and 195.819 on his return, setting the 196.117mph average. The previous Bonneville record stood at 192mph, although it’s unclear which bike that belongs to. Andy’s only modifications were taping over the lights and removing the mirrors and license plate bracket."

pretty scary that it ONLY costs as much as a fully loaded Toyota Yaris.

BMW S1000RR sets production 1000cc land speed record | Hell for Leather

Attachments

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
not really.

any dipshit can buy an old busa, pull off some superfluous shit, drop a few teeth, and get there, or close, for under 5k, easily

comma
"bone stock"... didn't have to drop a sprocket like a Busa. If a stock Busa had gone faster, trust me, they wouldn't make news of this BMWs run.

and the Busas sole purpose is to go fast in a straight line. Sure sure, it does ok in the twisties...same way a SUV with a lowered suspension does OK in the twisties. The BMW at least can kick your ass at the track too.....stock
AND you can save yourself the embarrassment of being seen on a Busa... something that looks like design throw up.

·
V4 CyclePath...
6,827 Posts
BMW S1000RR... the most furious liter size I4 ever offered to the public... why
its so electronically advance... it will brag to your Ipod friends that you bought one...

·
Registered
837 Posts
Glad to see the boys from Munich hand the Japanese their asses...:rockon

They've been sitting on their hands for a long time now...maybe wake em up and come up with something new and exciting...like that HONDA V4 sportbike that's LONG overdue...:banghead

·
Registered
4,632 Posts
...like that HONDA V4 sportbike that's LONG overdue...:banghead
It's already out, the VFR1200.... :D their "real" sportbikes use a more optimal I4 config, much to the dismay of a certain forum zealot.....

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
All Stock

I will throw the BS Flag on this one.

Not on the speed as I assume all the timing etc has been calibrated and verified.

But to the stock configuration. All the manufactorers heed to the unwritten rule that no bike shall go faster than 300K or 186MPH.

So if the BMW runs 196MPH, as alluded to before, gearing has been changed, ECU reflashedor changed, taller tires something has changed from "Stock"

Same as a Hayabusa running that fast.

·
Registered
3,559 Posts
I will throw the BS Flag on this one.

Not on the speed as I assume all the timing etc has been calibrated and verified.

But to the stock configuration. All the manufactorers heed to the unwritten rule that no bike shall go faster than 300K or 186MPH.

So if the BMW runs 196MPH, as alluded to before, gearing has been changed, ECU reflashedor changed, taller tires something has changed from "Stock"

Same as a Hayabusa running that fast.
Maybe BMW never got the same memo that the Jap makers did!:rockon :p

·
Panigaliscious
9,103 Posts
Wow, that extra 10 mph is really going to be useful in the real world. This is the motorcycle equivalent to putting a roll of quarters in your front pocket...

Actually, I'm much less concerned with 186-196 than I am 0-10 (cause it's f&^%ing UGLY). I just can't stomach it.

Sort of Off Topic, but MythBusters are going to try to duplicate the BMW trick of pulling the tablecloth in this season...

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
my point was budget, and sprockets on a busa are close enough to stock that its the same in my opinion. i was responding to budget, your point was any idiot can go fast, but thats been happening for 10 years now.

as for the inside joke, i dont know the joke or anything about hipsters, i just love home movies man.

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
It belongs to the MV Agusta F4 1000 ;)

Search for it.
in case you didn't notice, that whole paragraph was under " ".... meaning, i copied and pasted part of the article written on the link i also copied and pated on my post...if you want him, the guy that wrote that paragraph, to "search for it" im sure yo can search his email and let him know. ;)

·
V4 CyclePath...
6,827 Posts
Glad to see the boys from Munich hand the Japanese their asses...:rockon

They've been sitting on their hands for a long time now...maybe wake em up and come up with something new and exciting...like that HONDA V4 sportbike that's LONG overdue...:banghead
Amen!!! preach it bro...

My inside sources hint that Honda is working on a new 1000cc race bred V4... a
simple 90º Big Banger would be my choice of engine architectures... after all if
Ducati can package a 90º Big Bore V2 into a winning asset... Honda's engineers
ought to be able to package a small bore V4...

·
V4 CyclePath...
6,827 Posts
Maybe BMW never got the same memo that the Jap makers did!:rockon :p
It's not Jap... it's Japanese... would it kill you to type the whole word???

"Jap" was born out of hatred during WW2... its a war time slur... in
the real world there are no abbreviation for the Japanese people...
JPN is the accepted three letter code for the Island of Japan...

If you fought in the Pacific in WW2... I think you might have a good reason to
refer to the Japanese as "Japs"... after they were trained to use that word...
other than that would it kill you to type the whole word???

"Jap is a pejorative term used to refer to Japanese people. It is
considered a racial slur in most contexts."

"In Japanese dictionaries, the term Jap is only defined as a
disparaging term used against the Japanese people, like it is the case
in many English language dictionaries. In the United States and
Canada, the term is considered derogatory. In Britain it is considered
derogatory and is falling into disuse, and the Oxford dictionary
defines it as offensive."

More pics
http://ep.tc/howtospotajap/howto07.jpg
http://ep.tc/howtospotajap/howto08.jpg

1 - 20 of 47 Posts