Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Panigaliscious
9,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

So what exactly is the life expectancy of these guys?

·
Registered
4,632 Posts
Darwinism at work..... :rolleyes:

FWIW, I just looked at a short segment of the video and, while the speedo is displaying numbers that are in the upper half of the 180 range, there is no way the unit of measure is in mph (or the speedo is reading wayyyyyyyyyy wrong) as the road signs, for example, are not moving by nearly quickly enough. Something is fishy.....

·
Registered
130 Posts
BMW Real Deal

I know the guy riding the BMW and have met the other rider on the CBR1k and they are for real. They do ride hard on a nightly basis..

You can see other videos of them on you tube look up NYC FASTEST.. these guys are for real..

Im sure other members here from the NYC area know of these guys..

·
2,737 Posts
Yeah, something seems bogus. The closing speed on cars, the road sign passing rate both make it seem like a lower speed than indicated. He did hit all 6 gears at high revs though. 186 indicated perhaps switched over to kph =115 mph, seems more in line with the visual cues. But 6 gears at those revs tell me he's way over 115.

·
Ducatilicious
2,425 Posts
I know the guy riding the BMW and have met the other rider on the CBR1k and they are for real. They do ride hard on a nightly basis..

You can see other videos of them on you tube look up NYC FASTEST.. these guys are for real..

That's riding hard? Pretty much anyone can go through the gears and open it up. I think they're real all right, real stupid for doing that crap on public roads. :wacky

·
Is that Duke Red Enough?
308 Posts
186?

I call bullshit on that one.

I've just spent 2 days at the track and there's no way that scenery is moving fast enough.

·
Panigaliscious
9,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So would he have had to put a 55 tooth rear sprocket to get that?

I am also curious if the speddo sticks to 186 and no more even when the engine revs higher, if it were in kmh it seems it would have been at 300.

I agree the scenery looks different than you would expect, could this be because it is at night? Mystery.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Capt. Home SliceQuote:
Originally Posted by soon2bsleeved

That's riding hard? Pretty much anyone can go through the gears and open it up. I think they're real all right, real stupid for doing that crap on public roads. :wacky

Im not saying what they do is the smartest thing.. but they are for sure doing it..

Thats all im syaing..

·
Premium Member
6,388 Posts

I didn't know "E" got the BMW.,.,,,,

Just what them boyz need. :wacky

·
2,737 Posts
Could be right on the frame rate.
Sprocket? One of those pie plates the stunnas use.
I wonder if his gas tank is mashed in for the nack nacks.

·
V4 CyclePath...
6,827 Posts
RRW list the theoretical top speeds of all the liter bikes in 6th gear
at red line... but liter bikes are restricted to 300kph 186mph by a
gentleman agreement... so it may not matter what the ODO reads...

RSV4 212 mph
S1000RR 192mph
CBR1000RR 192mph
ZX10R 184mph
MVF4 189mph
GSXR1000 192mph
YZR1 190mph

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Frame Rate

Scenery looks all wrong for 186!

If he had been on an RC-51 in Minnesota he could have done 205.

After riding Minnesota Roads today I cant believe he was riding on roads that are that smooth.

·
Registered
309 Posts
The thing that makes me doubt is how casually they seem to be taking those turns at 160mph. Anyone who rides on the track knows how carefully you need to pick your lines at that speed because if you miss your turn in by a few feet, all of a sudden you're 15ft wide on exit. Maybe they just know the roads like the backs of their hands.

Hell, I've been dumb on some fast backroads in Colorado at triple digits on the RC, but taking fast corners, and passing cars at the same time, at 16o+? That is pure stupidity.

·
Premium Member
1,518 Posts
I'm obviously no expert, but it looks legit to me. When they first get onto the highway there is a car there and they have to do about 80 to keep pace with it then they pull away above that. Seems 100% plausible to me.

·
Premium Member
6,388 Posts
The thing that makes me doubt is how casually they seem to be taking those turns at 160mph. Anyone who rides on the track knows how carefully you need to pick your lines at that speed because if you miss your turn in by a few feet, all of a sudden you're 15ft wide on exit. Maybe they just know the roads like the backs of their hands.
..They've been doing this since the 90s.

I can certify that this vid is authentic as I know both of the riders and have ridden with the guy on the Honda 'back in the day'.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts