Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK...this is turning out to be one of the most frustrating weekends I've had in a long time and I'm feeling like an idiot. My Evo slave cylinder started to seep this week, so I figured it was time to pull it apart and rebuild it. I emailed Evoluzione and they mailed out some replacement seals and a new piston right away with no questions asked. Very cool.
I go to install the replacement piston in the cylinder and it barely fits, and won't slide at all down the length of the cylinder. I'm bummed and figure I messed up somehow, so I reassemble with the old piston but new seals and bearing. The unit seems to work smoothly so I install it and start bleeding the clutch system...here is my procedure:

lid is resting on master cylinder but not sealed. I pump the lever for about a minute, then crack the master banjo bolt, repeating until I see no bubbles. I pump the lever some more and crack the slave banjo bolt, repeating until I see no bubbles. Action at the lever is fairly light, and the clutch isn't working. I then remove the slave cylinder and slowly compress the piston with my thumb, while watching the master cylinder for bubbles. Fluid seems bubble free, so i reinstall the cylinder, pump the lever and crack the master banjo...no bubbles. Clutch still won't engage when the bike is in gear. I removed the clutch cover and the plates move outward a couple milimeters, but that's it. There don't appear to be any leaks anywhere either. I've been doing this for HOURS.

Am I missing something? This was the same procedure I used when I installed the cylinder 4 years ago and everything worked perfectly. I don't know anything about the clutch, so would appreciate any input as to what I should look for in case there is another problem in addition to my slave cylinder. The Duc has been so much fun to own, but I'm getting pretty discouraged.

Jeff

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re: Bleeding clutch issues (Jeff H.)

Um...I think I fixed it. I drained the entire system and just kept bleeding both ends over and over and over until nothing but fluid ran out. I don't think I have it 100%perfectly clear, but it shifts OK now. I'm done with projects for a while.

Jeff

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Bleeding clutch issues (Jeff H.)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Jeff H. »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Um...I think I fixed it. I drained the entire system and just kept bleeding both ends over and over and over until nothing but fluid ran out. I don't think I have it 100%perfectly clear, but it shifts OK now. I'm done with projects for a while.

Jeff</TD></TR></TABLE>

The best money you can spend is on a MityVac bleeder. I've had one for 6 years now and can bleed the brakes/clutch in no time at all. Chris has them at ca-cycleworks.com.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: Bleeding clutch issues (TnDuc)

Thanks for the tip.
I'll check it out...Chris sells good stuff.

Best regards,

Jeff

1 - 4 of 4 Posts