Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 20 of 142 Posts

·
Meatball's Dad
2,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
After seeing this guy highside a new Ducati 749R with Blackstone CF wheels I have no intention of ever putting these on anything I ride, even if I could afford them.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Ah yes...the thread that will not die.

FWIW, I have these wheels, and they have held up fine, under very strenuous conditions, including 165 mph + speeds at VIR, and extremely hard braking at Summit Point when entering T1.

I would, however, like to get more information about what happened, to include the results of any "after accident" analysis of the wheels.

:twocents

·
Meatball's Dad
2,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
hubert said:
What did the rear wheel look like? The same sort of damage?
None to the rear.

·
Meatball's Dad
2,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
998R said:
Ah yes...the thread that will not die.

FWIW, I have these wheels, and they have held up fine, under very strenuous conditions, including 165 mph + speeds at VIR, and extremely hard braking at Summit Point when entering T1.

I would, however, like to get more information about what happened, to include the results of any "after accident" analysis of the wheels.

:twocents
I was a few riders behind the kid that crashed this bike at Beaverun. He was coming up hill on on the back section of the track and lost the rear and highsided. The bike sprung upwards, vaulted the rider who suffered a busted collar bone and the bike landed on the front wheel, left rotor and the interior of the wheel (Spokes) basically exploded.

The rest was some cosmetic damage and maybe a new subframe will be needed.
Ken

·
Meatball's Dad
2,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Dave said:
Uh oh. Not again.
Sorry if this is one of those threads that is repeated too often here. I never saw that happen and I thought it would be information worth sharing. Rider safety can't be over stressed.
Ken

·
Geez. Some people...
1,615 Posts
nycstripes said:
After seeing this guy highside a new Ducati 749R with Blackstone CF wheels I have no intention of ever putting these on anything I ride, even if I could afford them...
I hope, for your sake, you're not still riding around on your OEM RC51 wheels! Look what happens to them in a crash...

Attachments

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
I'm sure some unbiased expert in Africa will shed light on why these things always have rims that look fine but the spokes just tear away from them.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
887 Posts
AZ Scott said:
I hope, for your sake, you're not still riding around on your OEM RC51 wheels! Look what happens to them in a crash...
Dude, I'm trying to make an excuse not to spend that much money on wheels. Your not helping.........:mad:

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
nycstripes said:
I was a few riders behind the kid that crashed this bike at Beaverun. He was coming up hill on on the back section of the track and lost the rear and highsided. The bike sprung upwards, vaulted the rider who suffered a busted collar bone and the bike landed on the front wheel, left rotor and the interior of the wheel (Spokes) basically exploded.

The rest was some cosmetic damage and maybe a new subframe will be needed.
Ken
Thanks!

1 - 20 of 142 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.