Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I went out to garage and tried starting her up with no success. I was just going to drain the tank and clear the lines. Whatever, I drained the tank and removed it anyway.

I just did the coil mod about a month and go and she was running perfect. Of course I could here her fire so I don't think it was the new coils. I not really too concerned because the bike it pretty much in taken apart because that's what I do in winter. I take her apart and make her better

It's probably me seeing that I have messing with the wires and such.

Anyways, can these be a bitch to start in the cold (I'm in Michigan)?

·
TOP GUN Instructor
5,717 Posts
Kill Switch...? It's happened to more then one of us here!;)

Cold start up:>.. Mine Never.... She has a harder time when she's HOT!

Funny, You seem to do just the oppisite of me for storage... No matter what, storage SUX!

·
:rolleyes
305 Posts
As always, start with your battery. Just because a meter says it's fully charged and cranks the bike doesn't mean it has enough ooomph to actually start the beast. And if it's been a month since it ran and hasn't sat on a tender, I'd say the battery (if it's not brand new) could be the culprit, especially with your local cold weather.

But what do you mean by "hear her fire?"

·
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was thinking the same myself. The battery was pretty low when I started it. Maybe I'll stick in on a trickle charge. I added a switch to my fan relay and was messing around with it without the bike running awhile back, I know that probably sucked out a lot of juice. Pretty slick mod BTW.

Yeah, storage sucks. But, now I get to make improvements (that I can't test until spring :( ).

I think I'm going to find more ways to shave some weight while the bike is dismantled. Supposedly the airbox has some dampers or something that can be removed, so those are going. I'm going to make some aluminum fairing mounts theres a little more weight. I also get to add some sweet Alth front rotors that whitw wings hooked me up on. Got a new QB vented front fender and I just added some white leds to my tacho, so now it looks really bright. Hopefully I can find a used racing tail somewhere and then I'm going to have that and my tank painted (maybe a nice mauve......... I'm kidding gloss black or white dudes).

Oh..and I'm going to do the flux capacitor mod :D .

Supposedly I got the ok from the old lady to build a super moto as well, so theres more winter fun.

There just something about going out to a dark freezing cold garage, getting drunk and totally forgetting about what it is you are out there for and getting frost bite. It just puts a tear in my eye just thinking about it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts