Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Padawan Member
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a bit of an odd one but any help from you guys out there would be awesome and vey much appreciated

Long story shot,

I need to be able to start and stop my bike in gear. It's been fine for years but has now stopped working. It starts in neutral fine. I then kick up the side stand and engage first with no problems. If I then shut the bike down with either the kill switch or the key and then try and re-start it in gear...I get f-all!! :banghead. No turn over. No click (Usually it does this fine!!!).

I've checked the side stand switch (i have a spare) and that seems fine and the clutch switch. All the fuses are OK. I've even tried a second rear wire harness (with the same result).

The oil light come on when the bike is switched on but that would vanish once the bike fires up (This is the same even when in neutral). I'm not sure if this is important. Just saying.

Could it be the neutral switch that screws into the engine housing? or.... the ECU? I'm a bit shit when it comes to electrics.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
531 Posts
Mine won't start in gear either....Some have said to try and switch the two plugs on the clutch lever but that didn't help either...it is kind of a PITA, just don't stall at a red light

I havn't really dug around to try and fix the problem...this has come up before but don't know what ever came of it...keep us posted

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Your switch at the clutch lever is either faulty or has lose contacts. Check that one first.

·
Padawan Member
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the posts guys.

Ok. I cleaned the clutch switch wth contact cleaner and cleaned the harness plugs also and hay-presto we're back in action :rockon

Feel like a tiny bit of a dick for not trying the simplest thing first. Oh well.

Cheers

1 - 4 of 4 Posts