Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Halfway through a track day session on Saturday my bike died coming out of a corner. I tried bump starting as I coasted off the track, but no worky. I came to a stop and tried kicking it over, nothing. Checked for fuel, still had plenty.

Pushed it back to the pits, and tried kicking it over. Nothing on the first few kicks, but after using the choke it fired right up. Seemed to run OK. I pulled the valve cover off just to take a look at my fairly new Hot Cams. Everything looked fine.

Next session everything ran fine.

80 degrees and sunny all day.

What would cause the bike to die like that?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Bike needed a break? (Dave)

A clog or kink in any of your carb vent tubes, or a clog/kink in your tank vent. Possibly.

Had it not started back up, I would have said "throw a new spark plug in it and adjust your idle mixture".

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Bike needed a break? (Dave)

I'd guess that you boiled the fuel or some kind of vapor-lock if it cooled down and worked fine later on.

Missed you guys at the track.

BTW Greg, how do you like your bike's new boots?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: Bike needed a break? (Eric Landstrom)

The Fox's I'm wearing in that picture are about 100% junk. They started to fall apart after about their second ride after I bought them (dirt rides).

Going today to try out some new Sid's at Motoprimo!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: Bike needed a break? (Eric Landstrom)

Oh, wait, you were asking about the wheels/tires!

I love the 17's on the KDX. I'm super glad I tried Sportsman for a while, as it was cheap and good to get the feel for whether or not I wanted to continue. Dumb question, of course I wanted to keep going!

The Shinkos have held up quite well, too. After 2 hard days at Sahwano and a day at DCTC, I think they're still good for one more track day. After that, they'll probably have to go, but we'll see!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts