Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It happens more when the bike is colder, but still happens when the bike is warm. When I brake to stop and fully engage the clutch it will die. I'm still new to the bike, so don't know a lot about it. Is it something easy, like adjusting the idle? I haven't had time to mess with it so it could possibly be that. I'm hoping it's not a clutch problem. Any ideas?

·
Registered
326 Posts
Whats the idle set at right now? Any blinking FI light before it dies? Get yourself a manual and check the codes.

·
Ride Naked!
503 Posts
- Warm up your bike to operating temp
- Push your choke (high idle) in all the way

What rpm is your bike idling at? It should be around 1100 or 1200. If its below that, chances are that's why your bike is stalling when coming to a stop.

My bike does it too if I push the high idle in before its fully warmed up.

If it is idling too low, there's an adjustment on the brake side of the bike, behind the fairing. Right below where your right knee would be.

Clockwise to increase idle, counter to decrease.

Good luck.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I do have a manual. I went ahead and adjusted the idle. It was hovering right around 1k warm. Now it's at 1200 and bike runs great. I figured it was something easy.

·
Registered
2,958 Posts
The Air-Bypass knob should only be used for 5-10 seconds max when starting the bike from cold.

The ECU will auto enrichen the mixture from there until the engine temp reaches 168 degrees which is the start of the normal operating temp range.

At 180 degrees the bike should be idling around 1200rpm, but at 204 degrees expect to see closer to 1400-1500rpm.

If it is idling slower than 1200 at 180 degrees then you are right on the borderline of not having enough inertia in the flywheel to get the crank all the way around to another firing stroke and a little unexpected burp into the airbox can stall the fuel flow just long enough for the motor to die as this thing takes really big breaths with two 4" pistons inside those cylinders...

·
Registered
460 Posts
check your fuel pum...proberly chock on dirts or rust...like mine

1 - 14 of 14 Posts