Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well was at Monza this weekend enjoying the amazing weather and racing.
Anyways on sunday morning i was in the paddock and there was a group of people from the fan club with some kid, who was supposed to meet biaggi and get an autogrpah and a picture, could not understand everything but regardless...
So they are all there waiting for Biaggi to come out, video cameras set-up, kid with his biaggi helmet, picture of biaggi and a pen...waiting and looking nervous..
So out comes Biaggi, bypasses the kid and does not even acknowledge the scene which was set up for this event.
one of his personnel says something to biaggi again and he gives his are you serious look?
then just scooters on off without even addressing the kid or anyone who is swarmed around to just see this A$$whole...
have seen his mentality to the fans on numerous races now, and then in the after race 1 interview (2nd place for you) he shows his best i am just here to race and then go to my motorhome and hide out.. I am not sure ont he official capacity that is expected of riders, but there was some Italian VIPS from what i hear...so who knows.

His not showing up for the riders meeting cost him his race 2 victory, but he still got the fastest lap for the race, which he did not show up for the award, someone else did...
I must say, i am pulling down anything biaggi related and tossing his hat in the crash, he is just a plain spoiled little bitch...should of dropped being a fan years ago..

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
Two years ago Biaggi bought a house in Malibu. He said it was to be his winter home. Last year he said he'll be moving to Malibu definitively but will still be living in Europe (Monaco) during the racing season.
When he was asked why the answer was very telling "People there don't know who I am. I can walk on the street and nobody will pester me for an autograph".
That's proof of what you said.

·
Panigaliscious
9,103 Posts
Ironically ten years after he stops racing and nobody knows who he is or wants and autograph, he will then be bitching about that...

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Race Face

I am sure he was putting on his race face and did not want to be distracted.

However.

I have seen numerous examples of other multiple champions who are being interview on the grid helmet on ready to go do credible interviews and still get it all right.

You need your fans or you will be just another John Kocinski.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Get off his nuts

Just because someone is in sports, Hollywood, etc doesnt obligate them to be personable. Max just wants to ride let him ride. IF he doesnt want fans he doesnt want fans. Soon sponsors will follow the exodus just like the fans and Max will walk away. I understand race fans and fans of riders but there are people who do it just for the fun, not the fame and fortune so let them do what they want. BTW I think that race 2 was BS.... Max lead the race and had a near 6 second gap when he missed the turn, he slowed, looked back at the gap, stayed slow then got back on it... They should have never made him do a ride through.

·
Registered
3,662 Posts
Max lead the race and had a near 6 second gap when he missed the turn, he slowed, looked back at the gap, stayed slow then got back on it... They should have never made him do a ride through.
You are clearly unaware of the rules then aren't you, he infringed them and got penalized whether it was fair or not is immaterial.
In the real world life's not fair.

·
Registered
4,178 Posts
Just because someone is in sports, Hollywood, etc doesnt obligate them to be personable. Max just wants to ride let him ride. IF he doesnt want fans he doesnt want fans. Soon sponsors will follow the exodus just like the fans and Max will walk away. I understand race fans and fans of riders but there are people who do it just for the fun, not the fame and fortune so let them do what they want. BTW I think that race 2 was BS.... Max lead the race and had a near 6 second gap when he missed the turn, he slowed, looked back at the gap, stayed slow then got back on it... They should have never made him do a ride through.
Agreed on both counts. This action hardly makes Max a jerk by any means, it makes him human and needing to focus on arguable the biggest weekend of the season for Aprilia. I think given his focus and current place in the championship, defending a title, he can be cut some slack for missing one signature session. :rolleyes:

These guys spend 24-7 riding, meeting fans, and entertaining press, factory reps, and sponsors when all they really want to do is ride and race. And this being his home race you can bet he was even asked to do more than normal, therefore more distractions. Get over it, he's not at your beck and call because you aren't paying him, his sponsors are and they expect him to win.

On the ride through, lame call, and from what I've read nothing to do with the riders meeting since it didn't happen in race one? Do you have another source that says otherwise?:confused:

I think you are over-reacting to something without all the facts, notably where was Max off to at that time, meeting sponsors (arguably more important from a team and factory POV), going off to resolve issues with the bike, why wasn't this session scheduled with the rest etc... Since you don't have all the facts it's a bit one-sided imo.

Anyway, if you are getting rid of really Biaggi stuff, or for that matter any other motorcycle or autosport memorabilia of a racer that doesn't strike your fancy any more because they didn't participate in the drive for sick puppies society or whatever, send it all my way. I will pay postage. :cool:

·
Banned
929 Posts
I must say, i am pulling down anything biaggi related and tossing his hat in the crash, he is just a plain spoiled little bitch...should of dropped being a fan years ago..
Bye Bye

+1

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
how soon people forget...this has been Max his entire career. He has issues dealing with pressure and attention... he sucks at it.
He's that kid in high school that would turn red and go nuts! when others teased him about his hair or something. He wasn't built for politics or pleasing audiences.... IMO it doesn't make him an asshole, just inadequate.

He's an amazing motorcycle racer and i respect the hell out of him. Without Rossi, we'd be talking about him as one of the greatest ever.

·
Registered
2,868 Posts
People often expect too much from their heroes , but a little kid , c'mon ? If the little guy has cancer , then Max is the Roman Emperor Of Douches .

·
Banned
929 Posts
You guys have no idea what the situation was. You know how many celebrities be it sports, movie stars whoever have blown off little kids looking for an autograph not because they wanted to but had to. You take the look on his face as him being annoyed and they may not have been the case. I mean it was race day for heavens sake. He probably signed 10000 autographs on Friday and Saturday.

The OP is ready to write Biaggi off because he didnt sign an autograph??? Sounds to me like he's hated Biaggi for a long time.

·
Registered
525 Posts
You are clearly unaware of the rules then aren't you, he infringed them and got penalized whether it was fair or not is immaterial.
In the real world life's not fair.
I am fully aware of the rules, and they state if you advance from cutting through, his lap time was not faster, nor did he change position, additionally he slowed down, looked back to ensure he was not going to interfere and waited until well after he was back on course before he got back in it. So he gained nothing from cutting through other than missing the turn, which NUMEROUS riders did during the races and only one other was penalized and he DID take advantage of cutting the corner.

·
V4 CyclePath...
6,827 Posts
I too blame the V4. It's obviously a cursed design that turns people into major aholes.
My first day in here you were warned that I was a V4 CyclePath...

·
Registered
3,662 Posts
I am fully aware of the rules, and they state if you advance from cutting through, his lap time was not faster, nor did he change position, additionally he slowed down, looked back to ensure he was not going to interfere and waited until well after he was back on course before he got back in it. So he gained nothing from cutting through other than missing the turn, which NUMEROUS riders did during the races and only one other was penalized and he DID take advantage of cutting the corner.
here lies the issue Bear it's the white lines, petty I know but the line has to be drawn somewhere.
Quote Dennis Noyes on the Biaggi penalty...
"No less than 320 practice times were taken away at Monza when riders
crossed the white line at chicanes. In race this is a ride-thru penalty"

·
Registered
71 Posts
What should Max have done in that position? You can't just jump back in the same position. That's a tough call and for some reason a ride through just doesn't seem right.

To the OP. I've always hated the intense media pressure on these guys when they are trying to prepare for the race or any sport for that matter. Having said that, to not sign a kids autograph for what seems like a set up event seems pretty crappy. Thanks for posting this I was feeling pretty bad for Max yesterday. :D

1 - 20 of 68 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.