Speedzilla Forums banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
5,440 Posts
Yeah, your really asking a racebike to act all civilized an idle smoothly, not lurch, overheat and be comfortable. If you were to suceed, you'd have a decent street 'tard, but a shitty racebike! :banghead
(answer is to have TWO, one street 'tard, one race!)
-Rocky-

·
Registered
21 Posts
I read one of you guys thinks a 610 will be as fast as a 510 you've got to be kidding!!
I have a well used (27000km's) stock 450 (04) and it will pullaway from the 610 (with pipe and jetting) not convincingly how ever. So a 06 510 would eat a 610.
Eric, I had a ride on the above 610 and am now purchasing one due to being over replacing clutch master cylinders and also changing the oil every 2 weeks:( I will miss it though. I asked you originally about your experiance on the 610 when my gearbox broke in january I don't know weather you remember or not. The one thing I found is that the KTM SMC "feels" bigger and a bit heavier. After the 510 you may really need to try both and see which you could live with.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
ashes said:
I read one of you guys thinks a 610 will be as fast as a 510 you've got to be kidding!!
I have a well used (27000km's) stock 450 (04) and it will pullaway from the 610 (with pipe and jetting) not convincingly how ever. So a 06 510 would eat a 610.
Eric, I had a ride on the above 610 and am now purchasing one due to being over replacing clutch master cylinders and also changing the oil every 2 weeks:( I will miss it though. I asked you originally about your experiance on the 610 when my gearbox broke in january I don't know weather you remember or not. The one thing I found is that the KTM SMC "feels" bigger and a bit heavier. After the 510 you may really need to try both and see which you could live with.
I'm keeping the 510 but I'm fishing to learn if there are alternative street 'tards that I'm unaware. Right now, the 610 looks to be the best street 'tard that I'm aware of.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Eric Landstrom said:
I'm keeping the 510 but I'm fishing to learn if there are alternative street 'tards that I'm unaware. Right now, the 610 looks to be the best street 'tard that I'm aware of.
i have an idea. you like to build stuff, so why not shoehorn an XR650R motor into a CRF450 chassis?(no idea if it would actually fit, just a thought)

·
Registered
174 Posts
Eric Landstrom said:
Why do 'Bergs require less maintenance? Do Husabergs carry more than 1.5L of oil?
I didn't say anything about the oil, but the clutch pack issue you mention sounds like a bad design on the part of Husky...

For the record, my bike takes 850cc of oil and I change it every day's worth of riding, so for a race weekend I change it before practice starts on Saturday and again on Saturday night so I have fresh juice for Sunday's races.

RockyMt said:
Yeah, your really asking a racebike to act all civilized an idle smoothly, not lurch, overheat and be comfortable. If you were to suceed, you'd have a decent street 'tard, but a shitty racebike! :banghead

-Rocky-
I guess my Berg must be a shitty race bike then...
Then again it wins every Ultra Lightweight Superbike race it enters

·
Registered
5,440 Posts
bmxr said:
I didn't say anything about the oil, but the clutch pack issue you mention sounds like a bad design on the part of Husky...

For the record, my bike takes 850cc of oil and I change it every day's worth of riding, so for a race weekend I change it before practice starts on Saturday and again on Saturday night so I have fresh juice for Sunday's races.

I guess my Berg must be a shitty race bike then...
Then again it wins every Ultra Lightweight Superbike race it enters
I guess you missed my point, I also own an FS650C, but I'd never consider it as a "streetable" bike (even if it was plateable).
-Rocky-

PS Have you installed a slipper in youre yet?

·
Registered
174 Posts
I'm not much of a psychic, so I was just going on what you said. My bike is idles perfectly, does not lurch or overheat (as long as I'm moving :D ), and is just as comfortable as any other supermoto bike I've owned. Hell, it's not even unstable at 120mph (don't try that with the stock suspension settings :wacky:D )

I don't want to be picky, just don't want you to give the bike a bad name with someone who may never give them a chance. The only things about the bike that makes it a "less-than-ideal" street bike, IMO, are the fuel capacity, and the extreme likelihood that you can't make it back home with your license.

I have not installed a slipper. I don't feel like I have any need for it. Maybe if I raced supermoto more seriously...but I mostly road race it. I don't think the bike is fast enough (in a top speed sense) to need one road racing. That's because there are usually no turns slow enough to require second gear, or even third most of the time. Maybe I will give it a shot though; could be interesting...

·
Registered
5,440 Posts
PM me, I will connect you with THE GURU of Husabergs in North America, this guy does R& D for Husaberg and has developed most of what the factory now supplies for supported teams (cams, heads, fueling etc.) He's here in the Bay Area, and you'd be amazed with what he can do for you.
-Rocky-

·
Registered
5 Posts
I went with the KTM 625 SMC after comparing all of the SM's out there.

When it comes down to it, I don't want to be a dealing with lots of maintenance, or a rebuild after 1 season of riding.
LC4's are proven and bulletproof, they are plenty fast enough once jetted and piped.
The fit and finish was the best of the bunch, parts and dealers are available everywhere.

I put a Corbin seat on mine and its 2" lower and a 1000 times more comfortable. The bike loosens up considerable and vibrates much less after its broken in, 6-700 miles.

·
Registered
257 Posts
I have a 610,with a arrow pipe,opened airbox
AND LOVE EVERY MINUTE I AM ON IT !!!!!

21 - 30 of 30 Posts