Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
V4 CyclePath...
6,827 Posts
If my favorite bendy bits ever showed up in Best Roads... I'd sh*t me drawers...

·
chimp on my shoulder
2,437 Posts

·
He with the senior member
5,671 Posts
I've done 4 of these (Glenwood Canyon, Chapman's Peak, Going to the Sun, Seven Mile Bridge), and plan to add another 3 of these within 2 years (Pacific Highway, Cabot Trail, Ice Road (well, to the start of it anyway. We were 500 miles short of getting there in 2008 when the mudslide took out the road and we turned back).

Haven't seen this list before, but it looks a decent one.

But I agree with Larry....there will always be "better" local favorites. Mine are in the NC mountains.

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
The reality about the Stelvio Pass is quite different.
Yes, the road is nice (I'd give it 6 out of 10, no more) but there are TONS of stunning riding roads in the area that will wipe the ground with it. And why nobody ever shows the bloody traffic? That road is crowded, especially on the side shown (towards Meran). Good to pop once in a while to chill out and snatch a few pictures but nothing more.

·
Is that Duke Red Enough?
308 Posts
Great Ocean Road is a f#cking disaster.
Caravans, trailers, tourist buses, Asian tourists driving hire cars on the wrong side of the road, 80kmh speed limit and ruthless Police enforcement.
OK if you like looking at water and rocks but.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Larry where are your local spots there in CA? I used to live in Auburn (just a bit north of you) and there are some pretty badass roads up there.

The 193, 49 and the road to forsethill are all epic. That was my riding spots for alooong time. I think the 193 up there is just as good as alot on the posted list. The RC used up plenty of Sportmax208's on those roads.:rockon :rockon

·
V4 CyclePath...
6,827 Posts
Larry where are your local spots there in CA? I used to live in Auburn (just a bit north of you) and there are some pretty badass roads up there.

The 193, 49 and the road to forsethill are all epic. That was my riding spots for alooong time. I think the 193 up there is just as good as alot on the posted list. The RC used up plenty of Sportmax208's on those roads.:rockon :rockon
Cool dogg... Auburn has got one hell of a court house... My favorite is 16 to
20... started learning those bendy bits on a Honda S90 back in 67...

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Road

The Road from Sarajevo to Banja Luka is pretty exciting. Except for the heavy traffic, semi trucks moving over into the opposite lane to avoid the overhanging rocks and suicidal people passing and rock slides, run off is the river etc.

Or the Road from Sarajevo to Viseograd in the Eastern RS. Simply stunning river and tunnel system that winds in and out of the river valley. Minus all of the semi trucks and heavy traffic though.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts