Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an SP1 and, if I decide to keep it, I'll have to change the exhaust pipes because my size 12's aren't comfortable on the pegs with my heels hitting the pipes that connect to my Erion aftermarket slip-ons.

What are the options for undertail or other exhausts that provide better clearance?

Thanks

·
chimp on my shoulder
2,437 Posts
there really aren't any under tail options. if you want to go that route you're going to have to go custom. any of your standard mount systems are going to give you the best clearance. doesn't really get much better. best thing to do is maybe get or fab up some guards or ride with your feet in a different spot. my feet are roughly the same size and I have Sato Banzais but I don't have any issues. you may wanna look into some rearsets to raise the pegs slightly if it's that much of a problem.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Best bet is to ride with the raised heel of your boot against the peg with your feet pointed downward! Also you can put on small exhaust shields to prevent your boots from melting on the exhaust!

·
half-fast member
340 Posts
+1 on rearsets w/ pegs higher than stock, please keep the balls of your feet on the pegs!

·
Registered
244 Posts
I have had no issues with Yoshimura low mounts and Jardine low mounts, and I wear size 12 boots also.

·
chimp on my shoulder
2,437 Posts
+1 on rearsets w/ pegs higher than stock, please keep the balls of your feet on the pegs!
but. . .but. . . I like my toes to drag on the ground and get sucked up under the bike. fvck lookin at the chicken strips on tires, the true test of a good rider is the chicken strips on their boots.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts