Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is something I've been thinking about since I saw the 50th anniversary Yamaha..

What do you feel is the best looking replica or special paint job you've seen on a bike past or present?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: Best looking replica or pain job? (drthompson65)

personally I'm a fan of Tamada's Konica scheme..

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Best looking replica or pain job? (dj_wawa)

I only had 9 slots.. Tamada is good, I like the old Vance and Hines paint job and the spiderman stuff was simply hot last year as well. The batman bike sucked..

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

How could you guys forget the GSE Racing Ducatis?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

What about that "stars and stripes" theme Honda RC51 that Colin rode in WSBK for Luguna some years back? That bike was hot

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: Best looking replica or pain job? (Tifosi)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Tifosi »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">What about that "stars and stripes" theme Honda RC51 that Colin rode in WSBK for Luguna some years back? That bike was hot
</TD></TR></TABLE>

I think that is the "Colin Edwards Honda RC51 SP2 Captain America" option.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: Best looking replica or pain job? (Baasinator)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Baasinator »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I think that is the "Colin Edwards Honda RC51 SP2 Captain America" option.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

10-4, well that one gets my vote

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The Bayliss Imola paint job was very nice. Too bad it wasn't very lucky for him.

Paint jobs don't normally grab me. I'm usually too busy either looking at the machinery as a tech object, or admiring how well they are going around the track. But some notible painthjobs I can think of are:

Rothmans 500GP
Chesterfield Aprilia
Malbro(sic) Yamaha 500GP
Pepsi Suzuki 500GP
Rimi RC30 Honda World Superbike, first 2 years
Bimota SB8, under Anthony Gobery World Superbike
Mike Hailwood rep Ducati 1981-1983

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Re: (stk0308)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by stk0308 »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Rimi RC30 Honda World Superbike, first 2 years
</TD></TR></TABLE>

i liked rumi's designs too ...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Re: (Giannis)

Wow! All of these are fantastic.. Keep on posting! The RC51 Stars and Stripes I loved but the Yamaha throw back this past weekend was amazing..

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Re: (drthompson65)

STOP everything here folks.....Mugello 2002? Rossi's Hawaiian getup......bike, leathers, helmet, gloves, boots, the whole kit. Actually kinda embarassing for the boy as he managed the fantastic feat of wadding up his #1 bike on the sighting lap.

Somebody here has got that pic......post it.

There is even a scooter for sale with that light blue and white "luau" print.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Re: (roadkill)

mugello 2001 he crashed the bike on the rain a few laps before the end he was first as far as i remeber after he crashed Barros won the race on his West NSR

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Re: (drthompson65)

The Yamahas this weekend were certainly the bomb. The first time I saw Rossi going through turn 4 I had a complete Kenny Roberts flashback. VERY COOL!

As for Replica street bikes, I have to say the Repsol CBR1000RR is a pretty damn nice-looking bike. My buddy that went to Laguna with us has one, modified with a full titanium Akro system, and some sweet Brembo monoblock calipers (so far), and every time I looked at his bike I thought, "That really does look good!". And I hate Hondas!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Re: (AZ Scott)

Best race bike, Tohru Ukawa's 96. Mock engine on the side panels. Ripped from a Beemer art car, but it would look on almost any bike you tried it on.

Street, that Repsol CBR.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Re: (Giannis)

Giannis said:
you mean this one?

That's the one! got a full size of that?

The Beemer wasn't an art car. I'm pretty sure it was a 3.0 CSL endurance racer, back in the 80's.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts