Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have read in posts that it seems clip ons can be easier on your wrists for longer rides, how are they better/more comfortable?

-is there a benefit to using clip ons if stock does not give you problems?
-what are the other benefits and downsides to clip ons?

thanks for the info

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Also depends on what you plan to do and want to pay. Sato and Mori make adjustable clip ons but they are $$$. Vortex and Woodcraft are fixed and I am not sure if they are better ergonomics than stock. All tend to hold up better in crashes and some are cheaper than stock to replace.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I had Vortex clip-on's on my old RC51 and they were a tad less agressive than the stock ones. Another good reason for aftermarket clip-ons, is if you crash your bike, all you need to do is buy the clip on bar if it bends, and changing it is a 10min. affair. With the stock clip-ons, you need to remove the upper triple.

I also had Helibars on my bike. While they are very comfortable, I didn't like them too much cause they sat a lot wider than the stock clip-ons and I much prefer the aggresive riding position of the stock ones.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
speedkills said:
Just loosen the forks and drop them down - no reason to mess with the steering head.
Huh? I though its quicker and easier to yank the upper? Just undo the stem nut and loosen the pinch bolts and out comes the tripple.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts