Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
AKA: Krammit the Frodge
409 Posts
not this week but i do have a question regarding this track, especially since i'm in pittsburgh...

what's the procedure like to get on the track? ie, costs, constraints, tech, etc... my bike isn't set up for track with safety wire, fluid retention fairing, i still have lights/horn/etc... it's basically a modded street bike. can i just tape off the lenses and hop on the track for a fee, and if so how much?

i've seen oodles and scads (that's a highly technical quantity there... ) of articles lately since mike seate's been getting bylines in motor cyclist about track days etc and most of the ones he talks about are STT and a few of them have been up at beaverun.

a buddy of mine and i have been talking about this for a couple years, but we don't want to show up and get blocked from the track like a couple dorks cuz we didn't do something to the bikes that we should have known about. is there a "run whatcha brung" session or something so we could get out there, rip it up, and make sure it's actually something we want to sink more time/ effort/ money into?

...stupid question, i know we will... but i don't want to show up at the track with a couple bikes that get DQ'd in tech before we even pull them off the trailer.

thanks in advance and have fun.
-mike

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
https://www.nesba.com/info/intro.aspx

mike this might be just what your looking for I have run at NESBA STT and PROMOTION trackdays they all sum up what you would need to do to get out on the track with them on their web pages its pretty easy to do a few beginner days here and there minimal bike prep and not a whole lot of money compared to a speeding ticket:D

froggert i see you have fine taste in paint look for me with the Walmarts finest flat black

·
Registered
221 Posts
froggert did you get to see the desmosedici run the track?
yup, it belongs to one of the guys i was there with. i think it was the only bike in our garage that wasn't just primered or rattle-canned, lol. the desmo sounds freakin' amazing. i think guys in the A group were letting him pass just to see and hear it go by.

·
chimp on my shoulder
2,437 Posts
yup, it belongs to one of the guys i was there with. i think it was the only bike in our garage that wasn't just primered or rattle-canned, lol. the desmo sounds freakin' amazing. i think guys in the A group were letting him pass just to see and hear it go by.

Umm. . . . . pics please?

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i came up the hill around lunch time to watch the supermotards but didnt see the desmo:( i usually dont venture up that way i saw that the garage was full of bikes do they rent that space? either way i think it was awesome that he had it out on the track:rockon

·
Registered
221 Posts
i came up the hill around lunch time to watch the supermotards but didnt see the desmo:( i usually dont venture up that way i saw that the garage was full of bikes do they rent that space? either way i think it was awesome that he had it out on the track:rockon
yup, they rent the garages out. i forget how much exactly, but we split it a few ways so it wasn't bad. the bathrooms are right there and it includes electricity. with gas at $4/gallon, we might actually have saved money over running the generators. :rockon

·
Registered
451 Posts
That's me on the silver/red 749R following the Desmo.

sorry, don't have many pics of the desmo and only one of it in action.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts