Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just wanted to get people's thoughts on Bayliss coming back to Ducati for next year's round of WSBK. I'm psyched to see him teamed up with Lanzi, too. It should be a very exciting year for SBK racing. Welcome back Troy! :rockon

Regards,

Jeff

·
Registered
258 Posts
I would have liked to see what he could do if Ducati had given him a better bike in GP...:mad:

No disrespect to Checa, but I don't see him as being better than Bayliss.

Good luck to both of them though

·
King of the pork sword!
506 Posts
It won't make for another championship, but bringing him in to tutor the young Italian lad (Lanzi) is a great idea too.

I for one am extremely happy to see him back, and would love to see him retire from the sport with the company that helped bring him so much fame.

Best of luck to both of them this coming year. I hope they get the 999F06 dialed in early.....

:rockon

·
Registered
320 Posts
I'm stoked! I almost stopped liking Ducati when they parted ways last year. (almost) He's a great rider, and seems like the nicest guy in the world. He deserves all the good things that come his way. I was personally sold on him a couple years ago when I saw he crash out into a gravel trap, and instead of through a fit, he got up, and helped another rider who also went down, get on their bike and get going again. Class act all the way!

·
Member #5686
997 Posts
georgeb said:
I'm stoked! I almost stopped liking Ducati when they parted ways last year. (almost) He's a great rider, and seems like the nicest guy in the world. He deserves all the good things that come his way. I was personally sold on him a couple years ago when I saw he crash out into a gravel trap, and instead of through a fit, he got up, and helped another rider who also went down, get on their bike and get going again. Class act all the way!
My thoughts exactly. Met him and chatted for a few minutes @ Laguna this year. Awesome guy, I hope he does well no matter where he's racing. But I do wish it was still in MotoGP.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have to agree with everyone on this. I was quite disappointed in Ducati when they cut him from the GP squad, especially with all he'd done for them previously. It's good to watch someone put everything they have in to what they're doing, but still maintain a level of decency with the other competitors and the fans. When I read the article on Superbikeplanet, I had to post here and tell someone...for some reason the girlfriend just doesn't get quite as excited about this stuff as I do...:wacky

Regards,

Jeff

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.