Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
why does my bike not want to turn over? i have the lighter battery mod and had let the bike sit a month or so(not good) upon trying to start here the battery would not go and with the battery deadish the coil thingy by the battery on the frame made some clicking sounds, is that just because the battery was dead?

·
Registered
121 Posts
battery

I have the smaller battery just installed. I think its defective. It barely turns over the big beast. I short the battery terminals when cranking over and it drops to around 6 volts. If it doesnt start the first time then Im back to the tender. Anybody else have a bad battery from the start? Im assuming the smaller battery will crank over like the normal but will just drain faster ? Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
121 Posts
battery

I unplug my headlight before starting. Once its started I plug it back in. The charging system is working fine (14v). I also have 12 LED tailights that draw very little current compared to regular bulbs. I have another 7s coming so hopefully its just a bad battery from the factory. :mad:

·
Registered
4,678 Posts
mrgrn said:
it started!!!!! i almost spanked one off:p

i will be on the road tomorrow, thank goodness, i have been jonesen fur sur:D
"spanked one off"?
What the heck does that mean?
Is it anything like Bogarting a joint?
Or are you talking something sexual here?

·
Premium Member
14,924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
yes main it does, it makes a difference in whether my bike starts or not:D

it is lighter but it has been hard to crank. i think changing the plugs at 5000 miles will help and maybe the headlight unplug will help. i hate to buy a stock battery as they are like frickin $90

·
Registered
853 Posts
Does the new battery and the old battery have the same cold cranking amps? Has it been serviced? Has it been tested? Age of battery?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.