Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've done a search on the WERA board, but came up with nothing. I also posted the question below, but nobody seems to know the answer either... so maybe the 'Zilla peeps can hook a brotha up...

I'm going to be doing a track day at Barber for the first time next month, so I'm not sure on gearing.

I have the previous generation Kawi 636... 2003 to be exact... so what rear sprocket is optimal.

Thanks in advance!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Barber gearing for Kawi 636... (Tifosi)

I did a search for "barber gearing 636" but came up with nothing. Don't have posting ability yet. Just haven't filled out the registration form yet.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Barber gearing for Kawi 636... (Tripod-R)

The Bastards must have found out about your skills and won't let you in on all their secrets.

04 enduro champs, Red River 50, etc. blah, blah blah.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Barber gearing for Kawi 636... (RC BS)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by RC BS »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">The Bastards must have found out about your skills and won't let you in on all their secrets.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Heh-heh... I'd like to say that was the case, but I don't think so.
Especially this year. Gettin' off to a goofy start. Oh well... it's a long season!!

A couple guys just responded so I think we're good.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Tripod-R »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">A couple guys just responded so I think we're good.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Damnit!, you must have paid those bitches more than I did!!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

3.00 final ratio always worked well on both my GSXR600's '01 and '04 model. Weird how that is also the same ratio I ran at Talladega which only had a 800' long straight. Barber's longest straight is only 1595'. I could hold 5th to the 2nd braking marker going into T1 with no rev limiter action. I was slow back then 1:34~1:36's so your mileage may vary.

Have fun!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: Barber gearing for Kawi 636... (BALLS)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BALLS »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I was slow back then 1:34~1:36's so your mileage may vary.

Have fun!
</TD></TR></TABLE>

At Talladega?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: Barber gearing for Kawi 636... (roadkill)

OK, for all ROGUE Barber TrackDay attendees looking to sabotage Jeff's efforts to unilaterally spank us all, I'm now taking bids to "lose" his 636 while hauling it to Barber (all proceeds to benefit the Pediatric Brain Tumor Foundation, of course).

Although since Jeff could whup most of us on his 50cc scooter I don't know how much help that would be.

However, hiding his rolling trunk containing all his hair care products would be devastating to Jeff and could shake him up enough to allow the rest of us a fighting chance.

BTW Jeff, I've got your Vidal Sassoon sponsor decals ready but couldn't get the mauve vinyl you were wanting.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: Barber gearing for Kawi 636... (roadkill)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by roadkill »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

At Talladega?
</TD></TR></TABLE>

1:34~1:36's were at BARBER wiseguy

I ran 1:01's at Talladega on a 600, now match that hot shot.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

I'm not sure your going to find the perfect gearing recommendation as gearing often is somewhat subjective due to differences in lap times from novices to pro's. That coupled with trying to get the best drive in the rpm range you run at in the the majority of corner exits usualy requires some trial and error to find "your" good set-up. 520 kits are now on eBay for like $139 (Vortex/RK). Maybe its time for you to go that route. Start with stock gearing front and rear and also get a -1 for the front and a +1, +2 & +3 for the rear. That should pretty much cover most tracks. A rear sprocket swap between sessions takes only 10 minutes or better yet, have a spare set of wheels with the hub holding another sprocket.

Have fun at Barber.

DW

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Now-now... I haven't had to learn a new track in quite a while so everyone keep their 50cc scooter in the trailer. To counter that though, I plan on using an all-new conditioner that will give my hair a sheen that no other track rider will have.

YESSSSSSS!!!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Re: Barber gearing for Kawi 636... (g-man)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by g-man »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Although since Jeff could whup most of us on his 50cc scooter I don't know how much help that would be.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

Damnit, I know we can make the scooter disappear too.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts