Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is probably a rather dumb question, but I need to ask. I have noticed that my bar ends always spin freely within the clip on's. The bolt is tight, but rather the anti vibe stick thing is the one that spins. Not like a fast, free spin, but enough to notice. Are these shaft things suppose to spin, or is there something that I can do to keep them from spinning freely? If I pull hard enough, I can pull the bar ends along with the anti vibe stick completely out. Thanks.

·
TOP GUN Instructor
5,717 Posts
Sounds like You Must have after market clip-ons right?

Spinning bar ends is normal in those (I believe)

However, IF You are talking about OEM clip-ons... Those Should NOT spin 360degs., they can turn back and forth something like 45degs+\-... Again, normal.

FWIW and or FYI.... My OEM clip-ons, I completely removed mine and feel it vibrates LESS! So ofcourse they got ditched... Then, when I finely bought my after market clip-ons... I NEVER bother with bar ends because of "MY" experience with the OEMs.... Mine are Great without them.

I Hope this Helps one way or another.....>?<

Peace Jeff

·
Registered
76 Posts

However, IF You are talking about OEM clip-ons... Those Should NOT spin 360degs., they can turn back and forth something like 45degs+\-... Again, normal.

FWIW and or FYI.... My OEM clip-ons, I completely removed mine and feel it vibrates LESS! So ofcourse they got ditched... Then, when I finely bought my after market clip-ons... I NEVER bother with bar ends because of "MY" experience with the OEMs.... Mine are Great without them.

Peace Jeff
So do you have a big hole on the end of your clip ons since you aren't using bar ends? Could you post a picture? My RC came with some silly sharp pointy bar ends on it. I took them off yesterday and the left side one took the whole weight thing with it when I took it out.

·
And Stateside again...
2,537 Posts
So do you have a big hole on the end of your clip ons since you aren't using bar ends? Could you post a picture? My RC came with some silly sharp pointy bar ends on it. I took them off yesterday and the left side one took the whole weight thing with it when I took it out.

Weight savings....

·
TOP GUN Instructor
5,717 Posts

LOL Yeah,... What TLRSKUNK Said!:D

No, I've changed grips many times and they come with plastis plugs.... Mine have anyhow... and even if there was a hole showing at the end of My clip-ons... it would NOT bother me in the least..:cool:

IF You don't have said plugs and YOU don't like HOLES...:p You can always go buy plugs from Lowes, HomeDepot and the like...

Peace

·
Registered
76 Posts
LOL Yeah,... What TLRSKUNK Said!:D

No, I've changed grips many times and they come with plastis plugs.... Mine have anyhow... and even if there was a hole showing at the end of My clip-ons... it would NOT bother me in the least..:cool:

IF You don't have said plugs and YOU don't like HOLES...:p You can always go buy plugs from Lowes, HomeDepot and the like...

Peace
Word :cool:

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Peace Jeff
Nope, I have the stock clip-ons. The inserts look to have some rubber around them that are suppose to keep the clip on from spinning, but obviously that is not working.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.