Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does any one have a way that the pegs will fit for the banzai or a bracket that will make it easer to mount the pegs w/out scratching the pipes

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: (fattony)

dan kyle sells a bracket for $200. I am having one made and am picking it up tonight. Not as pretty as the $200 ones but a hell of a lot cheaper. i will post pics later.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: (SFlaMedic)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SFlaMedic »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">dan kyle sells a bracket for $200. I am having one made and am picking it up tonight. Not as pretty as the $200 ones but a hell of a lot cheaper. i will post pics later.</TD></TR></TABLE>

how much did it cost you to make it? did you make it your self or is some one doing it for you? let me know I might want to buy a pair from you

-Tony

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

I have a set, not sure who made them, but they look simple enouph.
If I can find someone that can duplicate them, I would like to recoupe at least some of the $225 I spent on them.
Who would be interested, and how much do you guys think is fair?
I don't know how much to make them, so I'm just seeing how many would be interested.
The rear pegs NEED to be cut up and modified to work with the ones I have.
1st you have to switch left and right sides, cut the exh. hangers off, and cut into the rear support to keep them off the pipes. If I can, I will see if when they machine them, they can angle them a little more forward so the rear support won't need cut up as much or at all.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
lets see pics of any of them. I'd like a set that wont push the exhaust pipes outward though.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: (wildchilds74)

I would be interested in a set if they work with the moriwaki's.By "rear support" what exactly are you referring too? later

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: Banzai pegs? (fattony)

this is what my adapters look like before adding the pegs
I will get some pics of the bike with the pegs on in the morning

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: Banzai pegs? (wildchilds74)

now I have an excuse to not "jump on the grenade",
my rear pegs wont hold the extra weight!!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

I was unable to get them yesterdau due to rain but i should have them on by saturday. I had a guy make them for me for $50. I have moriwaki pipes that im using the adapters for. All the bracket is, is a 1/4" aluminum plate and spacers to reach the peg over the pipe. I will post pics when i get them.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Re: (balancedue)

Well i went to get the brackets today. Does anyone know if the left pipe sticks out farther than the right? Both brackets were made the same, the right one was like butter, but the left one hit the pipe and really sticks out. Not sure if he is going to redesign them or make longer spacers on one side. Yes they go over the pipe. Im not sure if he will make more than one set, when i asked him he mumbled and said its not worth the money. Ill keep on him though and post pics when i get mine.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Re: (SFlaMedic)

I had to grind more off the one side to make them fit, andI've noticed that they have rubbed the pipes some. So, I need to grind more off both pegs.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Re: (balancedue)

I have the Banzai adapters and my pass pegs were nowhere near the pipe? Are you sure you switched the left and right side pegs? Also my pipes are higher since I have the clamp on top of the bracket as opposed to the nut-side of the bracket. Something doesn't look right on that setup. I'd be leary of any flex in those pegs and doing damage to the midpipe.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts