Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Panigaliscious
9,103 Posts
There are some talented indviduals in that picture. Skilled at things all of us would enjoy, no doubt a lifelong memory would await anyone lucky enough to experience just a few minutes of their time.

The riders were pretty good too.

·
V4 CyclePath...
6,827 Posts
Wanting a Kawie street Bike started in 1980 for me...
1980... Z400FX Kawasaki... Japanese 4 unique to the home market... I
painted the wheels School Bus yellow and installed a Honda fairing and
tail cowl... It was deemed the Circus Wheeled Kawasaki by the Honda
factory workers at the Saitama Honda Plant they christened the frame
with a sticker "Made by Honda Motors LTD"...

Sweet Mary my High School sweet heart...

1981... While stationed in Wichita Kansas I ordered a new GPz550 from
East Side Honda... 3 days later I was off for a 1500 mile round trip
to New York and back... next summer I rode home to California and
back... I got the 3 spoke magnesium Dymags direct from Harris
Performance while on a TDY to England courtesy of the USAF...

·
Panigaliscious
9,103 Posts
I wonder how the premium Nankai leathers Chandler used (as well as a Doohan his whole career) compare to leathers today, only 15 years later?

For example, the gloves Doug has here look extremely simple, almost rudimentary. And yet back in the day I bet they cost as much as Dainese Full Metal do today. Tough to comment on the leathers, but it obviously doesn't even have a back hump, did he use a protector?

I look at bargain custom suits today (around $600 on Ebay with matching gloves), assuming the stitching and leather are the same quality, frankly they seem at least equal to what #10 has on above.

$600 today, or twice that (or more) in the mid 90's. Protective gear seems to have gotten cheaper over the years.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.