Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
These have been stolen from another board, but I thought if the members on that board, have photos X,Y, and Z. Then maybe the speedzilla peeps will have other letters of the soup....

SHARE your old race photos

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Back to the future- old racing photos (old timer)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by old timer »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Phuck Freddie...
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Where's Freddie? Did you mean Doohan?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Back to the future- old racing photos (TLSer)

That first image... awesome... one of my favorite paint schemes of all time.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: Back to the future- old racing photos (Tripod-R)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by AtomTan »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

</TD></TR></TABLE>
At least the Umbrella girls have gotten better!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: Back to the future- old racing photos (YellowDuc99)

was white a really popular color then?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: Back to the future- old racing photos (AtomTan)

AtomTan said:

The #1 bike is Mike Hailwood on a Mv Agusta if I'm not mistaken... probably the worlds best motorcycle racer ever.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: Back to the future- old racing photos (AtomTan)

Heres the Hailwood I have hanging in my office. This is an original 1970s Cycle World Poster that came with the magazine back then.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
HOLY CRAP! Apparently my photo resizing skills shouldnt be mixed with alcohol, sorry its that big

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Re: (Ducman851)

dude thats sweet as hell!

Is it a limited print?

Can I get one of those somewhere?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Re: (AtomTan)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by AtomTan »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">dude thats sweet as hell!

Is it a limited print?

Can I get one of those somewhere?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Ive yet to see another, even a repro. I have no idea how many were made. I got this from a friends dad who knew I was a Motohead and he thought I should have it as he knew it wouldnt be displayed if he kept it, he got it out of Cycle World in the early 70s he thought. Ive had it for about 11 years now.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Re: Back to the future- old racing photos (YellowDuc99)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by YellowDuc99 »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
At least the Umbrella girls have gotten better!
</TD></TR></TABLE>
Hey now! That was Miss Winston, trophy presenter supreme, and representative of the title sponsor of all AMA racing at the time.......ok, so looking back, maybe she wasn't such great shakes. But it was the 70's.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Re: (bsess)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by bsess »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Check out the way Hailwood's right boot is ground down.........</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yeah along with spokes, flexible frames, and skinny treaded tires.......and to think we all go around and around about tire brands
wonder how many of us would try going fast on that old stuff? That's when men were men and bikes were junk.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts