Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

Picked up this '08 Attack Kawasaki ZX-6R Thursday.

As you might recall, I gave the liter bike a try. Too expensive and too much damn work! 600 is easier to ride. Tires last longer. More races to choose from. Don't have to get as big of a running start to get it onto the trailer.

Attack folks were very accomodating with set up. I had them map this '08 Supersport build ZX-6R for pump and it still dyno'd at 125 RWHP. Kit ECU. Quick Shifter. Full Ohlins (needs to be resprung). Keyless. Kinda quiet with the full Akro exhaust. Considered the '09 but lots of problems with front end chatter. Speaking of which the bike is set up with Pirellis. Never have I come across a tire so responsive to tire pressure. Told the Pirelli vendor I was experiencing some chatter. He added one pound and it went away- weird. Anyway, could not be happier.

·
Premium Member
6,388 Posts
600s are nice for racing.

For the street however, I like to feel like I have something underneath me. Therefore I tend to gravitate towards larger bikes.

ZX-12R, ZX-9R, ZX-7R
'02,'03 GSX-R1000
'99-'03 R1
TL1000R

....you get the idea

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
600s are nice for racing.

For the street however, I like to feel like I have something underneath me. Therefore I tend to gravitate towards larger bikes.

ZX-12R, ZX-9R, ZX-7R
'02,'03 GSX-R1000
'99-'03 R1
TL1000R

....you get the idea
I do. This is for the street. Sorry to offend Turbo LOL...

·
Registered
3,559 Posts
I recently did a session on my buddies race 06 R6. It sure is a sweet ride. Very light and handles well. It took me a couple laps to get used to keeping the revs up. This thing needs to be kept up in the 12-15k range....much different than a twin. I did like the ride though.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts