Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I made it back from FastTrax intact and am ready for more. I did the "Experience" or "Advanced Street School." A better name for it, I believe, would be a track day school. You weren't learning the ins and outs of racing, but just how to get around the track fast and in one piece. The morning sessions consisted of learning the track and techiques for riding faster. The afternoon was basically doing everything faster. Bill, AKA Roadblock on rc51.com, was my groups leader and did a great job keeping things on pace and giving feedback. It was great to follow a rc51 too.

I started the day in the B group, but by the end of the day I was riding fast enough to get into A. I was even allowed to take the lead (usually you follow your instructor) for about the last 6-7 laps of the day and was able to go as fast as I felt comfortable. So in the big picture of things, I went from having never been on a track before to taking free roaming laps damn fast. And that is exactly what I wanted out of the course.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: Back from FastTrax (BrianRVT)

Brian really came in with some good skills. The class hopefully just added to what he knew. He was definitely at "A" group pace at the end of the day and looked to be having fun. It was nice to meet him and his dad. What a great excursion for both of them. I do think the repitition of the B group grew Brian to the pace he ended his day at. Brian did essentially double his speed on all but the back straight over the course of the day.

We did have two "roaming" instructors on the track when I put Brian in the lead spot. Even though he pulled away from me, there were instructors out there to monitor the situation.

Brian saw and cooperated well with the different paces inside our group. Our other rider was not at the same comfort level and we both had to cool down a bit to keep him with us. This dynamic does exist and is usually adjusted with "rider trades". On this day, that didn't happen.

If I could ask Brian. Have your dad add an honest opinion on the "A" group experience. I think Curt and the others are quite a riot and smokin fast. Was your dad happy with the day?

Thanks for coming up. "A" group is waiting for you. Also - I wasn't kidding. Father/Son endurance teams are not uncommon.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.