Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone have feedback on these 3 tires. I have read a lot about how good the Pilot Powers are. However, i don't think i will realize the full benefits of this tire just yet and the additional life may be good, especially if i can't maximize tire.

thoughts?

·
Registered
550 Posts
I think anyone will immediately benefit from the performance of the Pilot Powers! They are sticky and make for a very confident riding experience. With that being said, I can't compare anything about them!

·
Anger managment patient
3,474 Posts
Think about it like this you can only push as hard as the tires can stick. In the same reguard if you make a mistake and feed to much throttle into it, come in a bit hot, or just set up wrong the PP's will stick and the others will leave you waiting on the crash truck. Hows that for an arguement over longevity.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
EvilTwin-05 said:
Think about it like this you can only push as hard as the tires can stick. In the same reguard if you make a mistake and feed to much throttle into it, come in a bit hot, or just set up wrong the PP's will stick and the others will leave you waiting on the crash truck. Hows that for an arguement over longevity.
Good point, hard to put a price on safety and for the extra cost/less miles, may be good peice of mind to know you are not sacrificing.

How many miles can one expect to get out of a set of Pilot Powers?
Junior rider, not so aggressive/hard on tires, highway riding, ...

Are there any downsides/drawbacks to the pilot powers?
Besides additional cost and less mileage

·
Registered
130 Posts
If you're light on the throttle, I would say that the rears on the powers will last you about 3K miles.

I had a trackday on mine, with an additional 1K street miles, and they were half worn.

not bad IMO.

I'm currently running Power Race's and i've never had a stickier street tire. From now on, i'm only running the races! :D

·
Premium Member
4,339 Posts
Ever since my first set of Dragon Super Corsa's i have never looked back. Ridden everything out there, and they are by far the best tire short of a pure race slick. Then again, i'd put them up against some slicks too.

Set yourself up with an SC-1 up front and an SC-2 out back and you will thank me every time you ride your bike.:)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
aren't the corsa's for the track and diablo's for the street?

and I assume the dragon super corsa's are even softer than the diablo corsas

then the straight diablo is the hardest of the 3 but i thought this is the one for street use

thanks for your input and experience

·
'51 Freak
164 Posts
Opinion is everything! For me the Dunlop GP's are the shiznit. I am definitely not knocking the others mentioned, I have tried the pilot race and the superCorsa's no complaints but I find that when I put the dunlops back on, the bike feels "right" and can handle all the throttle I put into it.

FWIW All the feedback from my other rider friends has been extremely positive on the Pilot Powers and if you are just riding on the street, you may find the Powers more suitable than a DOT race due to warm up times and durability.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
what is the definition of a dot race tire?

how do you know if a tire is a "dot race" or not

if it is not "dot race", what is it?

·
Registered
203 Posts
I wouldn't run sportec M1's with all the newer tires available.

This year I ran two sets of Diablo Corsas and one set of Pilot Powers. The Diablo corsas are way stickier than the m1's were and they lasted longer, go figure. The pilot powers are not as sticky as the corsas but still way better than m1's and they lasted even longer than the corsas.

I couldn't get m1's to last period, they flattened right out in no time.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Pirrelli's are the way to go...

I run the DSC's and they are the shit........just my :twocents

·
Registered
319 Posts
toisan said:
what is the definition of a dot race tire?

how do you know if a tire is a "dot race" or not

if it is not "dot race", what is it?

DOT Race will have tread but not have tread all the way to the edge of the tire(unless its a rain tire)

If it is not a slick or a DOT race it is a street compound.. I am sure others can contribute more incisive info on compounds etc...

·
Registered
130 Posts
RC-IZ said:
Opinion is everything! For me the Dunlop GP's are the shiznit. I am definitely not knocking the others mentioned, I have tried the pilot race and the superCorsa's no complaints but I find that when I put the dunlops back on, the bike feels "right" and can handle all the throttle I put into it.

FWIW All the feedback from my other rider friends has been extremely positive on the Pilot Powers and if you are just riding on the street, you may find the Powers more suitable than a DOT race due to warm up times and durability.
I hear nothing but good things about the new GP-A tires. Can you comment on tread life?

The "Pilot Races" you had, were they the Pilot Power Race 'H2' or the newer Power Race. The ones where you run the rear at 22psi (no joke)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts