Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,388 Posts
Wow.....

Well man all I can say is that life has a way of balancing things out. In this life there is always a test and nobody has it all. This is evidenced by the rich often turning to drugs or committing suicide.

You can have the nicest home but the nastiest neighbors.
You can have the fattest bank account but have ill health.
You can have the best health but be dirt poor.
You can have a lot of expensive toys but nobody to play with.
You can be well off but suffer in a terrible marriage or be surrounded by folks that just want to use you.
Or you can have money, health, security, everything, and then your kids turn out to be crackheads. Talk about heartache. No amount of money can ensure that your children grow up to be responsible adults.

I've learned that things that appear golden on the outside often have rotten cores. Those who marry for the superficial (looks/attractiveness) often times have a rude awakening; proven by the high failure rate of celebrity marriages. Those who marry 'only' for money miss the point of the whole marriage arrangement and are often unfulfilled and end up cheating.

However, to say that all wealthy are shallow isn't fair. There are lots of good wealthy people out there. Some have come from nothing and made their way. But in the end no matter how much money you have, you still go back into the ground naked and with nothing.

When you have a chance google "Powerball Curse"

Money isn't everything. Riding is. :)

·
Premium Member
6,388 Posts
OTOH, if Jimmy rides a 1098, does that mean I have to cross it off the list of bikes i would like to have?
hahahahaha Just caught that. Now THAT was funny. I almost feel sorry for Jimmy and the abuse that he gets here.

This chick whom you speak of may think she has it all figured out now but I know plenty of women who married with the sole purpose of a pension and some of them even sleep in separate beds from their husbands. Doesn't sound to me like a thriving marriage.

Nothing is garanteed. Stuff happens. Miscarriages, health problems like infertility, etc. Think about all those retired well off people with great pensions who worked for GM. When GM went under do you not think they were affected? It's not about wishing evil on the wealthy but it's more about realizing that everyone has some measure of unhappiness in their life. It doesn't matter who you are. Some more than others, yes, but everyone is affected. I near lost my shirt when Citigroup stock took a dive. hahahahahhahahahaha You just never know man! But I do know that if I equated my self worth with my 401K I'd be a broken man now. :D Here's some deep food for thought. My BEST EVER year financially was the year that my first wife left. Mull THAT over.

When I started doing my own maintenance and tire changes etc this year I felt great about myself and my work. There's something to be said for the personal satisfaction that one gets when he works hard and sees the good end result. It's much more rewarding than having something handed to you that you'll never have real appreciation for. Sure you'll be glad you have it but you won't really see it for what it is unless you "Bled" for it. There's just no getting around that point.

At the end of the day I still want a Ferrari or a Lambo Diablo. I was talking to my wife about it a couple of days ago. I know folks would sneer at me as I drive by and I can understand why. But it's all about balance. A buddy of mine told me he doesn't floss his toys when unemployment is high or when the country is in recession. He feels that it's somewhat insensitive. He's loaded. And he posts on this forum from time to time. And I have great respect for him. I also share his views. If all the regulars here started posting about losing their jobs and their one-and-only bikes and such I would definitely not be posting pics of my 3 bikes. lol That's just wrong man. Sadly though, lots of folks just don't get it.

Here's an analogy: If a guy with a six pack goes to the beach with his friends who all have pot bellies to holler at girls, they are gonna hate on him if he takes off his shirt. "Who does that guy think he is"; "He's just showing off". Now, he wouldn't be wrong for taking off his shirt. After all, he is at the beach. But, to me, true character is manifested when one can be sensitive to the feelings and needs of others even when he may have the right of way. Besides, in the end if he shows true character he'll still get the hottest girl because there are other good qualities that came with that six-pack like discipline, determination, resolve, etc that will be evident even without him taking off his shirt. The natural progression of events will take him to his desired destination anyway.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.