Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up some CF slip on exhausts for my 1994 M900. The right side seems to go on just fine. The left not so much.

I have attached a picture to display the problem and clarify any mis-conceptions I may write.

This problem with the mounting holes lining up is caused when I push the exhaust pipe all the way into the header piep. Not hard mind you, but until the exhaust pipe stops. If I line up the mounting holes the ehasut pipe is only in a little bit (I have not measured how far it goes into the header pipe when the holes line up, but I can if that helps sole the problem)

My question is how to fix this problem?

Can I drill out the rivets and then re mount the braket with new rivets? If I do that how do I seal up the old rivet holes?

Any suggestions are appreciated.

I have moderate mechanical skills, but I have a firend who is an expert motorcycle mechanic. So anything I cannot do, I will have him help me with.

Thank you in advance!

Attachments

·
Registered
319 Posts
If you haven't already, loosen the entire system from the cylinders back. Then tighten from the cylinders back.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I'm not familiar with Arrows for Monsters, but I thought they where held in place with straps. Those mounts look home made to me. I have Arrows on my 01 SS and the mounts are bolted in place. The mounting holes are elongated where they bolt to the can. Not sure what you can do to fix it. Maybe moving the header pipe like sugested will work.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Can I drill out the rivets and then re mount the braket with new rivets? If I do that how do I seal up the old rivet holes?Or where do I get Arrow mounting brackets? I guess I could the cut the current mounting brackets off and leave the rivets?

·
Registered
526 Posts
by the looks of the possition of the can they are not for a monster. they may be for a 900ss.ny whay yeah you could drill them out and use black silicone but it wont look right true monster cans have mounts that are on the other side of the can. take those off plug em and try to find some bands to fit:twocents

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.