Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dropped my '04 999 off at the dealer for the 600 mile service the other day. When I gave the tech the key, he asked, "Where are the other two keys?". I asked him why he needed them. He told me that if they change any of the settings, they have to program it into each key. It sounds like a load of BS to me. He told me to bring the other keys with me when I pick up the bike and they'd configure them then.

Is there any truth to this or are they just trying to suck more money out of me for labor?

Thanks

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re: Are all three keys needed for the first service? (thwyld1)

yes bullshit!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: (MV-999R)

kind of what I figured....I just wanted to be sure before I called them on it.

thanks

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: (hubert)

It's too late for this service. I'm in central PA and the next closest dealer is over 2 hours away. I bought my bike at Section8 and am seriously considering going back for the next service.

Does anyone have anything good to say about any other dealers in PA? I've considered Feracci...but it's pretty far and if I'm going that far, I'll just go to Section8.

Modified by thwyld1 at 12:48 PM 6/7/2005

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

isn't that called straight FRAUD ? tell them you want it on the reciept and you'll pay for it...then sue them

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Re: (thwyld1)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by thwyld1 »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">It's too late for this service. I'm in central PA and the next closest dealer is over 2 hours away. I bought my bike at Section8 and am seriously considering going back for the next service.

Does anyone have anything good to say about any other dealers in PA? I've considered Feracci...but it's pretty far and if I'm going that far, I'll just go to Section8.

Modified by thwyld1 at 12:48 PM 6/7/2005</TD></TR></TABLE>

Just go back to section8. I've heard mixed reviews re: ferracci's service dept. but have no personal experience, so I'm just recount others' experiences. YMMV but section 8 is a safe bet, why not just go there ?

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Re: (hubert)

They don't need all the keys unless they are programing a new dash, ECU or adding keys.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Re: (section8superbike)

They're definitely not doing any of that.....I'm going to pick the bike up today, so we'll see what they say.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

Hey keep us posted!

I'm in the process of buying my first Duc, and any information / feed back is helpful - especially dealer service. I too, have heard several questionable things about service and so on...

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well, I just picked up my bike and there wasn't even a mention about the issue. It turns out that it was a sales guy that told me about the "key thing", the service guy didn't know a thing about it. There were no funny charges on the bill either.... Hopefully all is well.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

I just had my first service done over at Motoprimo here in Mpls (www.motoprimo.com) and I only gave them the key I use. The other three remained locked in my safe. The Ducati gameboy plugs into a service module near the battery and they can check all the codes and reset your service counter. They did it while I was standing there. All three keys are NOT needed and you can tell the dealer to go pound sand and there a$$.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts