Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's my deal. I've worn Arai for about 15 years now, and have bought 12 to 14 Arai helmets in that time. (ex racer).
I now live in the sticks and there isn't a stocking Arai dealer in 150 miles of me. I'm not kidding.

I know Arai does not allow online sales...I also know that anything is possible if you try hard enough.

I know what size I wear and what I want (pretty much). What to do? Switch brands? Ebay?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: Arai Online? (Chuckles)

You can pay me a finders fee and the cost of the helmet and I will mail it to you!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just bought a brand new Hayden replica on Ebay for $300.

I say Ebay is your best bet.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: (Bynoid)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Bynoid »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I just bought a brand new Hayden replica on Ebay for $300.

I say Ebay is your best bet.</TD></TR></TABLE>

DITO! same here. $300 E-bay.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Arai Online? (Chuckles)

Supposedly you can still buy an Arai online if you sign a waiver or something stating you know the risks buying a helmet online.

Then again, after their decision I decided never buy one again. Every store locally wants min $500 for a solid RX-7RR (or which ever the top line race model is now). I never got an answer from teh Arai rep I was having an email discussion with about who was going to certify all the vendors employees to fit a helmet.

BTW I switched to Soumy. My Spec1R fits soo much better than my Arai did.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: Arai Online? (RP Racing)

Your Arai was the wrong shell then, No soumy is as good as any arai. take your thumb and push it into the foam under your liner(see how hard that is) do the same to any arai and then tell me which one you want to crash in. granted some of the Arai sales stipulations are a pain in the arse but when it comes to my lid gotta have the good stuff. The only reason a few certain riders switched was due to contract agreements with ducati and there co-companies.
after the first arai training weekend I went to I came home and threw all of my other helmets away.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Chuck email me and I can get you what you need, and send it to you. (No finders fee for my old crew chief)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: (Yamapimp)

Jared, have I told you lately that you're my hero!?

Between you, Chris, and Tom, I'll probably be taken care of...thanks guys!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Re: (Bynoid)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Bynoid »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I just bought a brand new Hayden replica on Ebay for $300.

I say Ebay is your best bet.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Same here - I think that I paid $339 for a red hayden rep off of ebay.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Re: (RP Racing)

Actually I work for Western Powersports and race full time. Was just offering Chuckles a way to get one.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Re: (Marc Gif)

I appreciate the help, guys! Thanks!
Looks like Jared has me sorted.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Re: (Chuckles)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Chuckles »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Between you, Chris, and Tom, I'll probably be taken care of...thanks guys!
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Imagine reading this line without the context of the previous posts...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Re: (kiwigav)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by kiwigav »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Any particular ebayer worth shopping with?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Us

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.