Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Stealership offered an '04 Aprilia Factory in exchange for my '03 Ducati 999 + three thousand dollars. The Ducati mono has 9000 miles & a Termi kit. Any opinions on this deal??

Modified by socal at 1:09 AM 3/14/2005

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re: Aprilia Factory vs. Ducati 999 (socal)

Do it! If you no like, get another Duc!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Do it, but tell him you'll only pay two thousand for the trade and see how that goes.
For how much do you think you could sell your 999?
Last years RSV's are getting offered by GREAT prices.
In fact, if hadn't made my mind about having a Duc for the first time i could get KILLER deals on new 04's Factory's. Real bargains for an awsome bike

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My buddy, just bought a used 02RSVR with 700 miles on it and a couple of upgrades for 9000.00 so maybe you should sell the 999 and buy one out right

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: (Karlb)

You can stael those RSV's right now. A friend of mine got a 04 R for $11500

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Socal,
What the Aprilia have or doesn`t have that he`s trying to swap ? Do you wonder ?
What your 999 have or doesn`t have that you`re considering a swap ?
You are killing my heart, here I am, dreaming every day if I could ever have a 999.
Do this, you both swap bikes, go riding on a long trip, and at the end you guys sit down and reconsider the swap. There you`ll find the answer to your question.

JT

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Re: Aprilia Factory vs. Ducati 999 (johnnymotocros)

I own a Mille and a 748S. I WILL buy another Aprilia (probably that 450 or 550 mini Mille that is planned), I would NOT buy another Duc (unless a future V4 amazes me)....

Don't get me wrong, I love my Duc - it has been very trouble free (relative to others...). The Priller is really awesome, period!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by johnnymotocros »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Socal,
What the Aprilia have or doesn`t have that he`s trying to swap ? Do you wonder ?
What your 999 have or doesn`t have that you`re considering a swap ?
You are killing my heart, here I am, dreaming every day if I could ever have a 999.
Do this, you both swap bikes, go riding on a long trip, and at the end you guys sit down and reconsider the swap. There you`ll find the answer to your question.

JT</TD></TR></TABLE>
Aprilia Factory: Ohlins shocks & steering Damper; Oz forged Wheels; Carbon Fiber; bullet proof motor; new warranty; zero miles

Ducati: Styling; a few more ponies- maybe; save a few $$ ; Company is solvent.

Modified by socal at 3:00 AM 3/14/2005

Modified by socal at 3:02 AM 3/14/2005

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

OK, OK, OK, buy the Aprillia and let me have the 999 !!!

I have to admit, I`m in love with a non Duc myself too. The CBR Repsol Edition. Please don`t hate me, love is like that, it arrives when you least expect it, and it does not matter where she`s from.
Ok, OK, OK, I have another idea, TRADE !!! and let me have the 3K $

J.K.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Aprilia incentives to dealers are huge at the moment. $2000 for Factory R's and $1500 for the base models. Most dealers are sitting on 04's and as far as I know there will be no 05' bikes in the U.S. A friend of mine has 2 Factory R's on the floor that are a deal at the moment. I had seriously thought about the grey one. The cost is not much more than my 749s and a hell of alot more bike.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Re: Aprilia Factory vs. Ducati 999 (Dave B.)

Dave B.
If you are getting a non Ducati ride, get an 05 CBR1000RR.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

Great bike- I own an '04 CBR1000RR (Two Bros C/F Slip-on; Puig Shield; Evo F/E).

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

i love my 748R but i would jump on a RSV in a instant if the right situation presented itself. awsome bikes they is.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by socal »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Check this out: http://adcache.cycletrader.com/5/6/1/73383861.htm
</TD></TR></TABLE>

That sure seems like a lot of motorcycle for the $.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Re: Aprilia Factory vs. Ducati 999 (Phil 998)

I swapped my 996SPS an hour with my friends 04 Mille and all he could utter when we got back was...maaaan!!!
Compared to 996SPS the Mille is a touringbike...low price low performance...sorry!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

Anyone here own a Duc and/or an Aprilia Factory? Impressions??

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by johnnymotocros »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Dave B.
If you are getting a non Ducati ride, get an 05 CBR1000RR.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Would concur with this p-o-v. Egads what a bike.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

The 999 plus $1500 is what I would try for. Keep in mind, you can get $6,000 off MSRP if you race it a few times, check the Aprilia web sight fo details. I'm trying to get a test ride on Aprilia Factory this week.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by socal »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Stealership offered an '04 Aprilia Factory in exchange for my '03 Ducati 999 + three thousand dollars. The Ducati mono has 9000 miles & a Termi kit. Any opinions on this deal??
Modified by socal at 1:09 AM 3/14/2005</TD></TR></TABLE>

Pros: Top shelf components; ton of bike for the money at their current fire-sale prices; good solid horsepower with fat torque curve; roomy ergos; seem to have a good reliability record; you won't see yourself on every corner; Italian panache.

Cons: Stability/longevity of company & dealers; big bike -- larger than the old Superbikes, Titanic-sized next to the 749/999; styling not as sharp as the old-style Superbikes (but better than the 749/999, IMHO) Aprillia 60 degree V-twin doesn't sound as nice as the Ducati 90 degree motor; gauge cluster looks like something from a 1995 ZX6; limited aftermarket parts/support/knowledge compared to Ducati; limited availability of used parts/spares compared to Ducati.

I've seen some folks go pretty fast on the track on Aprillias -- Mike Himmelsbach comes to mind. I raced the whole 2003 season against Chicken Hawk's Dave Podolsky (who was also an Aprilia rep at the time) and he got around the track pretty well. But I haven't seen too many at the track over the past season. You'll spend an enormous amount of money to build a Mille R to equal a 999R.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts