Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone ridden the 750cc Dorsoduro and any of the 600cc thumpers from KTM and Husky?

I'm curious how they compare. Performance, weight, etc?

The Aprilia costs much less than a KTM 690 but looks like much more bike for the buck.

·
Señor Member
1,694 Posts
Motorcycle Consumer News rated the Dorsoduro better than the equivalent middleweight Hypermotard. That was a surprise to me.

The Dorsoduro is a physically large motorcycle. It is, after all, a Shiver with motardish bits and extended suspension. Sitting on it, I did not get the feeling I was on a supermoto. It felt more like an attractive BMW GS1200.

I think of the two, the expensive 690 would be far lighter and more nimble.

So, to be fair, I haven't ridden the Dorsoduro. But I have ridden KTM LC4 supermotos and a Husky SM610. The Dorsoduro is not even in the same ballpark.

·
Premium Member
1,224 Posts
Like Bill, I have ridden several of the thumpers from KTM & Husky. They are certainly smaller and going to be more nimble than the DD or Hypermotard. So it really comes down to what you are looking for. If you're looking for a bike to roost around backroads and urban areas, go with the more aggressive singles. If you see yourself wanting a bit more comfort and longer distance capabilities (and still have some fun around town) the DD might be a great fit.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts