Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Yep, I think it finally went out on me. Change a new rectifier about a month or so ago. I believe it's the stator but not sure. Tomorrow, I will check to see if it is or is not. Been killing the battery a few times by not charging it. Jump or push start and away I went for a month or so before this happen. Ride for a while and it charge up the battery. So I thought it was just a bad battery showing it's sign. Got a new Yuasa YTZ12s. Charged it and then this only after one day of riding.

Went on a ride and it didn't turn over at one of our first breaks. Should have turn around and headed home but a push and away I went. Second stop after 10 miles did it in. After numerous times of pushing it didn't start. After jumping it will old cables it didn't work due to the cables. Oh and a bad sets of Jumper cables that I brought along almost fried DatRC. Apparently , inside it must have shorted itself so when Dat connected to his batt. It fried the wires and melted part of the battery and a lip of the tail piece. SORRY DAT. SOREE SOOORREEEE

Anyhow, luckily another bunch of nice folks in Santa Cruz/Capitola area loan us a better sets of jumper? I was off again. Should have gone home at Highway 1 and 17 but NOOOOOO, I had to head for 9, with everyone else.

After what seem forever behind slow cars from Santa Cruz to Felton then all the way to Boulder Creek..finally some open roads due to great drivers pulling to the side and all I went. Clear of all cars all the way to Saratoga. I left the pack of 9 riders because I needed to be smooth with the gas and brakes.

I realized it was running on battery power only because I checked it by giving FULL throttle on an open section to see what will happen. Sure enough it bogged down and skipped a beat. Did it again and I got my on the fly evaluation. So it means no brakes because the bulbs draw alot of current and pull the headlight plug to conserve power while fingers at the ready just in case I need to flash the highbeams.

Pass the lead rider with a peace sign to tell him I am out and headed for home.

Charging battery now so I can go pose at my local Starbucks:woot:

When life gives you lemons? Why not make it worst and turn it into lemonade?

Anyhow, if anyone has a stator please give me a heads up with price or trade for something you might need. Otherwise, I will have to bring my tail between my legs to the dealership.

·
Registered
50 Posts
No biggie,Tai! went to Cyclegear this afternoon, got a new Deltrans pigtail, fused, for $4.50, removed and replaced the burnt left at batt's terminal, nice and new:) , just my middle finger got burnt, while trying to pull the wire on fire off,will need a couple of day to heal, still no biggie, ;)

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Man Dat,

I am sorry about that. It turns out that the jumper wires were short INSIDE:banghead :banghead

I am SOOO happy it wasn't worst cause it sure looked really REALLy bad at the time and all I could think is NOOOOOOO. Don't burn that RC!!!!:banghead

1 - 3 of 3 Posts