Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Dr. Carbon
2,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm looking to buy a bike, not sure if this is worthwhile.... can't you just go to the dmv to get the same info?

·
He with the senior member
5,671 Posts
I think it's worth the few bucks to get the 30 day license for cars....helps to filter out the cars with major accident records or lemon returns.

Bikes? Not so much....as anything more than a tipover these days results in the bike being totaled and the bike's title being listed as Salvage anyway....and they don't update the service records as much as the car records, and guys tend to do their own servicing (change oil etc) anyway.

·
Dr. Carbon
2,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think it's worth the few bucks to get the 30 day license for cars....helps to filter out the cars with major accident records or lemon returns.

Bikes? Not so much....as anything more than a tipover these days results in the bike being totaled and the bike's title being listed as Salvage anyway....and they don't update the service records as much as the car records, and guys tend to do their own servicing (change oil etc) anyway.
all good points thanks.

·
Premium Member
4,339 Posts
With bikes its going to be hit or miss. In the fine print on their web site they say that bikes are not guaranteed to populate. If you know how to look over a bike with a fine tooth comb that'll be your best bet, and if not swing by a dealer/shop with knowledgeable service techs that can do that for you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts