Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried/heard of Odyssey motorcycle batteries (http://www.odysseybatteriesonline.co.uk/odyssey/other/why.php)?

If you believe their marketing material they sound like a good (road) replacement for the standard Yuasa YTZ12-MF battery.

Their replacement unit, the PC310, is slightly smaller and lighter than standard and is supposed to be more resilient to deep discharge etc.

Any views?

Neil.

·
Registered
112 Posts
If it helps any, I switched my Tundra battery from Optima to Odyssey. If their bike batts are anything like their truck models you can believe their marketing adds. Excellent batteries as far as I can tell.

·
Registered
326 Posts
I have one and it works great, was off work/bike for over 3 weeks, and never got a chance to plug in my trickle charger. Fired right up like it was new. Just little bit lighter than stock, but way more powerful.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I have one and it works great, was off work/bike for over 3 weeks, and never got a chance to plug in my trickle charger. Fired right up like it was new. Just little bit lighter than stock, but way more powerful.
I must be thinking of a different battery than speedcell :confused: My YTZ7S battery sits for weeks, even a month or two without riding. It's two years old now and still works fine...and half the weight of the OEM battery. I thought speedcell's were the A123 cell batteries...am I wrong?

·
Full Spectrum
2,532 Posts
I must be thinking of a different battery than speedcell :confused: My YTZ7S battery sits for weeks, even a month or two without riding. It's two years old now and still works fine...and half the weight of the OEM battery. I thought speedcell's were the A123 cell batteries...am I wrong?
Yes Speedcell batteries are A123 based. I think TDI is talking about the Odyssey stuff.
Our stuff is about 20% the weight of a stock battery.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts