Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found an awsome deal on an RV and thought it would be a good way to get to the track and save on hotel rooms....I've never been to a trackday but plan on track riding only next year.....first Q i guess would be is there anywhere to hook up at most tracks........just seems better than putting a ton of miles on my every day car.....

·
Registered
6,462 Posts
Are we talking an RV bus/camper or a tow behind?

One of the guys in my trackday group has a toyhauler or similiar tow behind and loves it. Actually I should say WE love it!

Nothing nicer than being able to grill our own lunches if we want to, having a frig, couch and tv to watch our onboard vids. :rockon

·
Registered
115 Posts
Rv's are an awsome track bonus. but there are downsides as they have a hard time as it is (power wise) and with a trailer loaded there maxed out at least if its gas powered , Gas Prices, and 80k on a rv is potential for motor trany. that said i just got back (month or two ) ago from a 4 month rv trip in a 1972 RV with a 6x10 enclosed full of 3 bikes. I know almost every napa between portland OR and Phoenix Az.. sacremento napa rocks:rockon

B

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah, it's a van style RV...... It's been in my bestfriends family since new and only has 17,000 miles(it's an 86 model):woot: .......his mom hasn't used it in about 4 years so it's just sat in the drive way......she only wants $500 for it so i figured i'd check and see if it would be worth having.....i'll buy it if it would be usefull for trackdays and maybe racing....kinda worry about MPG though it's a Dodge van with a 360.........

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
GSP said:
kinda worry about MPG though it's a Dodge van with a 360.........
That motor/tranny/gearing combo is close to 1:1 meaning it gets about 1 mile per gallon :woot: .

I think it would be cool to have but just look at all the cost...ie...insurnace, gas, break downs, still need a trailer for the bikes, etc. I have a small tent that fits in the bed of my truck. I have often thought about taking that to the track instead of a hotel room. I am not sure....I like the nice air conditioned room on a hot night, quiet room, TV, cable, sometimes comfy bed, good breakfast, hot shower in the morning, evercies room.

I guess the last question I would ask myself is will I always need the RV? Will you always be sleeping over? Half my track days this year have been a one day thing - albeit a long drive - I still wasnt staying over.

Just somethings to think about.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts