Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey evreybody, I was wandering who here is near or at Stuttgart, I plan on moving there in October..I just want to know any of your experinces good or bad of riding and riding with other people out there in Europe., not just Germany, but etire Europeans.... I am coming from VA. Thank you and take care..

--703RC51--

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re: Anyone in Germany (703RC51)

Yup!

i am in germany, Berlin. I think bikers are much the same the world over, a friendly bunch. what you will find though is that southern germany is quite conservative and rule abiding. The police wil NOT tolerate a loud exhaust or unspecified tyres for example. but the roads are good, lots of curves, stuttgart is not far to the alps, it should be a blast!

Chris

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I lived in Sindlefingen in the early 80's and there was a law that I couldn't wash my car on Sundays. Pretty much all the roads are good. There is a place in Nagold where you can get your lrathers custom made.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: Anyone in Germany (703RC51)

I live here as well, I live near Trier/Lux boarder. IMHO you have died and gone to biker heaven! I love it over here, I enjoy the laid back lifestyle most people live, the food, the beer and some of the best roads you will ever find! My only regret is someday (hopefully far off in the future) I will have to return to the land of 35mph speed limits on twisty back roads, crappy beer and Walmarts on every corner

Did I mention the Nurburgring 30 minutes from my house

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just left Germany, kaiserslautern area....

Like everyone else said, it's absolute heaven (except for long winters).

There's another guy on here that lives in the K'town area as well with a 750SS (the ugly newer ones)

K'town is only 45 mins to Hockenheimring, 115 to Nurburgring, days drive to sachsenring, salzburg and a few other tracks.

On Thurs nights is the Touristenfahren at Hockenheim (run whatyabrung). Quite a few american troops run there from stuttgart and heidelberg.

There even a Active Duty Air Force group that races in the IDM (ama equivalent) and they are kicking but. Froggy Racing, dennis Huhn. One of his team mates is stationed in stuttgart, Maurice Evans....Real cool guys.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
SO if my exhaust is loud they are going to give me a ticket!! that is BS!! Well I guess the German cops are going to hate the Jardine 2:1 exhaust I have......lol.......Anyone on their Ducs running loud pipes???

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What's the Touristenfahren at Hockenheim???

WHen I was stationed in HAwaii and had my 748 I met up with a soldier who had a 996 and he was stationed in Germany and he told me that when he was single that he would meet up with people and ride from Freiday when he got off work and come back by Sunday. He said they went throughout Germnay especially on the bahn and they went to Italy and all over.. It sounded so much fun and I am so anxious to go to Germany....

ALso I found an company that would airfriieght my bike for $950, does it sound good...???

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Like I said in my previous post, Run what ya brung....

Touristenfahren = Tourist Ride

it's like 3 euros to enter the motodrom and 12 euro for each session. Sessions are about 15 minutes long, sometimes more when not crowded. They alternate cars then bikes.

The Nordschleife (Green Hell among the brits) also has touristenfahren almost daily, but run cars and bikes at the same time but are spaced out over several minutes.

950$ ain't bad, but if you're mil it ships as household goods, they just put it in an individual crate. It goes against your weight allowance, not POV allowance. I brought back 3 bikes in my HHG's

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Re: (703RC51)

Seriously, the german cops are strict! fore every bike there is even a list of tyres you are allowed to use, this list appears on your pink slip. if you get stopped, and you run tyres not on the list, and or have a pipe over 80dB they can and will confiscate the bike there and then. NO SHIT!

its not worth running a loud pipe for what it costs in aggravation! Ducati Germany can and will provide a list of what tyres are "zugelassen" for your bike!

Chris

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Re: (703RC51)

Yeah, I left germany about 2 months ago after living there for a few years. In Tucson today but will be in Memphis for awhile.

The polizei are strict yes, but if you are Mil you will not go through the TUV (the german system) you will go through USAREUR RMV which is a joke, so tires and such won't matter. I've been pulled over a few times for my pipes but they never did anything because of my american plates (they could if they wanted)

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Dizzyg44,

Thanks for the info and that is cool that civs get the same benefit too as well, I get out the Corps and will hopefully work as a GS for the Army over in Stuttgart...

--703RC51--

1 - 13 of 13 Posts