Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
virtually real
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking of getting this for my old CBR600F3 - kit

Seems they're made in Korea, or possibly China - bit hard to tell. Few different styles available.

Anyone used one, or seen one? Was thinking of changing bikes this winter, but replacing the shabby old plastics with a new look could be good. Then I'd keep the bike another year most likely. Nothing wrong with it other than time and wear.

·
Premium Member
6,388 Posts
I have seen those floating around and have considered getting one.

My friend ordered a Movistar kit for his 600RR and it was awesome quality. I'm not sure if it was from the same people though.

..... you know what they say: No risk, No reward!

·
lidzduc.blogspot.com
3,578 Posts
I have a friend who has a Chinese Carbon Fiber race kit on his 1098R. He added graphics with a wrap. I looks great and he said the bodywork was like $700 (it's all carbon!!) and he had it at his door 3 days after winnning the bid:wtf

·
Registered
516 Posts
What money...

For that money, it's worth it. One repsol sticker would cost that at the dealer. Maybe you have to do "some" work, but the fact is, you have most if not all of the hardware already as I doubt it comes with that. Go for it and then report back... F3 with Repsol bodywork = one of a kind!!!

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
its bodyworks...get it as cheap as possible.

nothing dumber than watching a guy drop $1500 on bodywork only to toss it down the tarmac on his first session

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
I got the FIAT Yamaha ones for my R1.

They installed perfectly and were really good quality for the price. I even emailed the guy and he did some modification on the stickers (I didn't want 46 etc).

Only issue I had was they didn't come with the insulation, so when the bike got hot, I could smell plastic melting, but it never actually did melt the plastics.

The new kits come with the heat shield materials, so you should be good to go. (I am a lot more carefree on a track day now that I don't worry about ruining expensive fairings if I fall!)

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
its hit or miss, and the older model stuff is almost exclusively compression molded. meaning its a flat piece they put in a hot press. which means when it comes out it is less flexible than properly injection molded abs which forms in the mold, and thus explodes into shards and cracks like a motherfuucker instead of bending flexing and scraping off. that being said, the quality and delivery is hit or miss. heat shield the fuuck out of your exhaust. most people who run these on the street melt their lowers. expect paint quality to be hit or miss as well. i was going to buy a bunch of sets and then i did some math.

its almost always cheaper to to flat black stock shit, or not even bother, buy a minty bike of the same model, and just swap parts and resell. i usually break even on the body or make some loot sometimes. if its a personal bike i just hit it with latex based spray on bedliner. shit is killer when done right. doesnt look or act like other bedliners, or paints.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts