Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've seen these little bikes around and they just look like they'd be a blast to ride and definitely look cooler than a zuma or ruckus! I'm considering one as an around town commuter type bike. Anyway, does anyone have some good information on these? Any info would be helpful....thanks!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: Anyone have experience with an Aprilia RS 50?? (Lawdog78)

I saw your post on WERA but decided to post here. I've been thinking about getting one too. Their allot of mods that can be done to make it an 80cc or even over 100cc. All kinds of fun parts for these things.

I thought this would be a cool way to get my wife interested in riding. She wants a scooter and figured it should look cool! Hell, I'll ride it too!

What prices have you been seeing?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've seen a few for around $2200. Sounds fair to me.... most of them have very few miles. I'd probably change my mind later but I was thinking about keeping one bone stock (derestricted maybe) and just use it to run around town and maybe ride to work and stuff. They look sweet! I've seen guys race them in Mini's but I want to hear how it fairs for everyday riding----

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I had one as my first bike. I loved it. It is the perfect around town bike. I rode it like I stole it everywhere. I highly recommend a new pipe and carb if you get one. A 70cc cylinder does wonders too. Top speed is roughly 50mph stock and 65mph with pipe and carb.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's the kind of info I've been looking for. Can you tell me a little more about it if you dont mind? Trying to find out what kind of maintenance it needs, what's the range on a tank of fuel? do you have to pre-mix or is it auto oil injection? Any additional info would be most helpful... thanks!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It has oil injection and if I remember correctly, I was getting about 100miles or more per tank. It was super reliable. I never had a problem w/ it. The handling was real quick, but the tires are super hard. It is a great bike if you don't have to go on roads w/ speed limits of 50mph and up.

The best part, of course, is the looks. It is definitely a conversation piece.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cool...thanks a lot! I think too it would be great as a pit bike and to throw in the back of the truck as a getaway vehicle! 8)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts