Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to buy a set of valve stem caps for my new Dymag wheels, but can't find what I'm looking for (not wild about the 8-ball and skull styles!
). Yoyodyne carries a great looking version, but it unfortuneately says "Marvic" on it. Anyone know who carries a classy, billet valve stem cap?

Thanks!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Anyone have a source for valve stem caps??? (infoage1)

ya that's what i've been looking for.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: Anyone have a source for valve stem caps??? (infoage1)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by infoage1 »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">These are billet, and if you order now, you'll be all set for the holiday, Holiday:http://store.tireflysonline.co....html
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Wow...that's enough of that

Quit looking so hard....stroll into some random Walmart or whatever...and go to the auto or bicycle section.....wow....lool at those cool anodized aluminum (normal bullet type) valve covers........blue or red.....sometimes black and silver.......
I know its a shocker and most Ducati owners must spend the 25 on valve covers.......but it is an option

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: Anyone have a source for valve stem caps??? (oneducs)

thats just wrong

Im fine with the black plastic ones but here you go

OR

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: Anyone have a source for valve stem caps??? (Holiday)

Just use the plastic ones with rubber seals.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Cycle Gear has billet aluminum caps with the rubber seals inside. Silver, red, gold, whatever color you want. They are made by Motrax and are $4.95.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Re: Anyone have a source for valve stem caps??? (Busamouse)

Brett- Thanks. Those are the one's I found on Ebay. I'll probably pickup a set, seeing as there isnt much of an option. I just want a set with the seal in them.

Everyone else-......

After having my Dymag's powdercoated, they lost both valve stems (and caps), so I ended up buying a set of stock Ducati stems. The plastic caps just don't look right on a $2300 set of wheels

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Re: Anyone have a source for valve stem caps??? (CaliDuc)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by CaliDuc »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Cycle Gear has billet aluminum caps with the rubber seals inside. Silver, red, gold, whatever color you want. They are made by Motrax and are $4.95.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

Bingo. Thanks Caliduc...

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

I had lost a Antera cap off the MH wheel, I emailed Antera in Italy and what a response, I asked if I could buy two caps as I can't get em here, they replied and said NO you can't buy them.

.....but they said we will send you two caps and two spares, they arrived 3-4 days later FREE of charges, two complete sets of valves, stem and cap complete and 2 sets of caps, these guys absolutely rock

So what I am saying is have you Dymag themself?

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Re: Anyone have a source for valve stem caps??? (Monstaman)

Thats awesome about Antera taking care of you...valve stems are expensive too!- $35 for both from Jason. The powdercoating company picked up the bill, so no need to buzz Dymag.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

we carry a few styles....like those pictured plus an Italian Flag versions.. also the simpler anodized variety in red or black I believe ??

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Holiday »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">The plastic caps just don't look right on a $2300 set of wheels

</TD></TR></TABLE>

Wow, lucky for me I only spent $2075 on ten spoke Marchesinis....I just made it under the threshhold of price to still use the black pastic caps.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Re: (f4mille)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by f4mille »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Griot's Garage sells some, and they spin freely to prevent people from pilfering them, check them out at:
http://www.griotsgarage.com/ca...92590

I know they have Ducati, MV,......</TD></TR></TABLE>

$36.99

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Re: (brettmess24)

Run steel caps, It's a primary seal. If you run fast and hot enough the plastic ones will deform, press on the valve, and air will seep out. Heavy ones like the lights and other crap will push the entire valve into the rim and let all the air out at once!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Holiday »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> (not wild about the 8-ball styles!
) </TD></TR></TABLE>

Whats wrong with with 8 balls?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts