Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Mr E
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the mounts that go on the frame to silencer straps for a set of high level pipes (SP1) ? i cant fit them without the 2 brackets !

like the ones in the pic attached

Attachments

·
Registered
947 Posts
hopefully they hold the exhaust on better than the sato replicas you are selling :woot:

·
Mr E
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i do not have those but i have yosh, akra, and two bros replicas in carbon i can sell you
do you have pics & prices please ? as i wouldnt know what any of those even looked like

Cheers

·
Registered
947 Posts
before you buy anything check out that mrgrn hate thread, aa few pages in someone was using his exhaust hangers and they broke, and the guy's exhaust dropped down while he was riding iirc

mrgrn doesn't have any education in manufacturing, nor has his stuff been tested out. he just sort of eyeballs it and tells everyone they work fine. that's not the kind of shit i would recommend people put on their bike

·
Premium Member
14,924 Posts
do you have pics & prices please ? as i wouldnt know what any of those even looked like

Cheers

RC51 exhaust hangers/V-Cowl

here is some of the yosh highs and two bros highs

they are 14 layers of carbon and nearly unbreakable

one guy had them and crashed and the mufflers and bike blew apart and 1 hanger was still holding on pretty decent

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
RC51 exhaust hangers/V-Cowl

here is some of the yosh highs and two bros highs

they are 14 layers of carbon and nearly unbreakable

one guy had them and crashed and the mufflers and bike blew apart and 1 hanger was still holding on pretty decent
Ah I don't believe that is the full story...Tom, would you like to link the thread or should I?:woot:

·
I'm an Alcoholic... YAY!!
1,437 Posts
yea those carbon brackets are sweet.... about as sturdy as a tissue box... now if he had sandwiched some "beehive aerospace" material between the carbon, he would have a decent product... but clearly he knows best.... :woot:

·
And Stateside again...
2,537 Posts
I normally leave mrgrn alone but as white wing stated Wingnutt on here had his break he now has the hangars reinforced with titanium to hold the weight of the exhaust.

Please don't rely on Any of mrgrn's straight carbon hangars. They are just to flimsy for the application( unless he changed how he makes them.)

·
Mr E
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well, i need high level ones not low mounts, $125 is all i paid for the scorpion silencers, so thanks but a bit on the expensive side

·
Premium Member
14,924 Posts
I normally leave mrgrn alone but as white wing stated Wingnutt on here had his break he now has the hangars reinforced with titanium to hold the weight of the exhaust.

Please don't rely on Any of mrgrn's straight carbon hangars. They are just to flimsy for the application( unless he changed how he makes them.)

what are you talking about?

I have read of numerous sato ti hangers breaking, maybe that is what you are after?

how can you sit there and tell people not to buy a product you have not seen, bought or know anything about as fact?

I am all for opinions but until you have some solid proof or facts you sound a bit silly here bashing on me don't you think?

Do i know you? Have we dealt together? What do you think gives you the right to trash on my parts with NO facts or bizz dealings? i don't even think we have spoken and you have been here like a few months or something.

they are VB and 14 layers with epoxy resin, they are not breaking no matter what you read or think. I must have sold 30 sets of them over the years and get picture and compliments from their buyers so i am confused as hell as to where your hatred and anger towards me, my bizz, and my attempt to make 51 parts and better myself come from?

I have not gotten one call, one email, or a PM in regards to one of them ever breaking so i am still wondering how you can write off my work and slander a product you have not dealt with?

I am trying to help here as well as sell a few parts the plain trash and slander for no reason is silly and petty so please take it elsewhere

·
Premium Member
14,924 Posts
Ah I don't believe that is the full story...Tom, would you like to link the thread or should I?:woot:

what thread?

i have spoken to tom plenty of times(recently when he wanted something) and never heard squatt so i am unsure as to the rant you are trying to get going Kurt?

new wife ain't keeping you busy enough?

how are them carbon tubes working for you too? still wating for that feedback you promised and i still have yet to recieve LMAO

Tom is a big boy and he certainly knows my phone number and if he has something to say i have been here right along:cool:

·
And Stateside again...
2,537 Posts
Mrgrn, As I said in my post I do like the fact that you put out alot of products for the 51 and I do appreciate your work. While i did not physically touch your carbon hangars I had a long conversation (in person while looking at photos) about Tom's hangars causing his exhaust to move up and down too much and crack a weld on his Sato pipes.

If he didn't contact you on it (I thought he said he did I may have mistaken) Then that is on him. But as I said I do appreciate your work and i do need a few things from you. I am just suggesting to the OP to get Metal mounts and not Carbon as they tend to flex.

Mrgrn I am wondering if you make a Carbon Strap for the Yosh RS-5 pipes for a 600RR(2005) My wife would like a Black Strap and I think Carbon would look nice over her Carbon pipe. If you don't since they are not round but oddly shaped I will just paint the silver one that came with it.
(funny How I am asking for the same thing I said not to get... But this app is a little different then a floating pipe)
Thanks
Lee

·
Member (Large)
2,533 Posts
Why don't you just make your own? There could also be a fabrication shop nearby that could make them for you. It will probably cost you more than it is worth to have anything shipped to the UK (I think you are in the UK from some of your previous posts, maybe I'm wrong?) from the states.

Also, have you contacted the manufacturer of your exhaust? It seems you could order up the right parts too.

·
Premium Member
14,924 Posts
Mrgrn, As I said in my post I do like the fact that you put out alot of products for the 51 and I do appreciate your work. While i did not physically touch your carbon hangars I had a long conversation (in person while looking at photos) about Tom's hangars causing his exhaust to move up and down too much and crack a weld on his Sato pipes.

If he didn't contact you on it (I thought he said he did I may have mistaken) Then that is on him. But as I said I do appreciate your work and i do need a few things from you. I am just suggesting to the OP to get Metal mounts and not Carbon as they tend to flex.

Mrgrn I am wondering if you make a Carbon Strap for the Yosh RS-5 pipes for a 600RR(2005) My wife would like a Black Strap and I think Carbon would look nice over her Carbon pipe. If you don't since they are not round but oddly shaped I will just paint the silver one that came with it.
(funny How I am asking for the same thing I said not to get... But this app is a little different then a floating pipe)
Thanks
Lee

i am not sure of toms deal he has never soken about anything like that with me and i don't even remember selling hin hangers unless it was back in 2005 or 2006 possibly i am not 100% sure. i know the first few sets in 2005 and 2006 were a few less layers and not cured as hot so they may have been a bit thinner not that i had any issues with them. Like i stated a guy crashed his bike and toasted the can and subframe and my hanger almost was left intact.

I can't speak for tom and i do find it odd i have never heard of it except from other people now as i certainly would have liked to here from tom exactly what he thought happened but evidently he has chosen to take the tell everbody else but me and that is odd is all i am going to say

i do have peole who will vouch for them feel free to contact me(not tom) and i will glaldy get you their emails so you can ask them yourself

FWIW. i have $1700 full ti sato exhaust that the bracket welds broke right off and there is no carbon on it and their cans sleeves melted too. They offer a 1 year manufacturer warranty(even if defective) not trying to say anything other them not everything that breaks is somehow my fault when somebody gets pissed:D

·
Currently: Moderating
12,576 Posts
i am not sure of toms deal he has never soken about anything like that with me and i don't even remember selling hin hangers unless it was back in 2005 or 2006 possibly i am not 100% sure. i know the first few sets in 2005 and 2006 were a few less layers and not cured as hot so they may have been a bit thinner not that i had any issues with them. Like i stated a guy crashed his bike and toasted the can and subframe and my hanger almost was left intact.

I can't speak for tom and i do find it odd i have never heard of it except from other people now as i certainly would have liked to here from tom exactly what he thought happened but evidently he has chosen to take the tell everbody else but me and that is odd is all i am going to say

i do have peole who will vouch for them feel free to contact me(not tom) and i will glaldy get you their emails so you can ask them yourself

FWIW. i have $1700 full ti sato exhaust that the bracket welds broke right off and there is no carbon on it and their cans sleeves melted too. They offer a 1 year manufacturer warranty(even if defective) not trying to say anything other them not everything that breaks is somehow my fault when somebody gets pissed:D
You have GOT to the be biggest douche ever! Sato/Dan Kyle HATE you! They won't sell you shit cuz you're full of shit. I cannot believe anyone buys anything from you!:banghead I cannot believe you continue to post and try to sell your junk after you got a thread in your honor. It's unfuknreal!:wacky

1 - 16 of 16 Posts