Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: Anyone going to Stockholm on 5/29? (Dave)

I'm planning on getting out there but I have no idea what time to show up in the morning.

I'm also trying to coerse a buddy to come with me.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

I think I'll call Tim and see if he's more clued in now that a few weeks have gone by.

BTW, I've been thinking about transfering over my video set up to my Husky for track, hooli-footage. Last year i made a DVd and everybody thought it was sort of cool.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Anyone going to Stockholm on 5/29? (Eric Landstrom)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Eric Landstrom »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I think I'll call Tim and see if he's more clued in now that a few weeks have gone by.

BTW, I've been thinking about transfering over my video set up to my Husky for track, hooli-footage. Last year i made a DVd and everybody thought it was sort of cool. </TD></TR></TABLE>

I wish I had some footage of us attacking that guy on the R1.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

It'd be cool to have motarding with the sportbikes on video. I wish I had footage of your/our passing that sportbike. Your rear wheel would have been in the face of the camera, then smoke, then some distance and your being sideways.... Anyway, it'd have made for a great shot!

All I've got for Dakota is my putzing around the track in third gear at the end of the day from last year:

http://www.ovrlnd.com/Rides/Co...4.mov

You'll need quicktime to see it but the movie shows about 11 minutes of track time at DCTC.

Anyway, thinking about stupid video, I got off my duff and ordered in a $99.00 480 line color Sony lipstick camera for my Husky. I'm going to have to figure out how to leash my MiniDV recorder onto my bike and I'll be all set for making supermoto vids.

Modified by Eric Landstrom at 1:01 PM 5/23/2005

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: Anyone going to Stockholm on 5/29? (Cheetah_man)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Cheetah_man »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">East Coast Wheels has my rear wheel, they're telling me I'll see it on Friday. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Good luck to you John, and welcome to the board.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

I have a street licensed XR600 that I installed a Baja Designs kit and 17" wheels a few years ago. I assume I need to remove headlight, taillight, signals, lic plate, etc? Drink holders and a/c must stay.

Thanks

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: Anyone going to Stockholm on 5/29? (TallDarkAndGeeky)

It all depends, I guess. I've had my 625 SMC to the track before, lights and all (well, OK, I removed the headlight, because it's so easy!) and haven't had a problem.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Most of that stuff is easier to remove than replace if you crash.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Dave »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Most of that stuff is easier to remove than replace if you crash.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Crashes? We don't need no stinking crashes!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TallDarkAndGeeky »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">My anti-crash plan --> 1st gear 1/4 throttle!</TD></TR></TABLE>

That plan might look good on paper, but...

If you have any amount of testosterone in your system, that plan just won't work.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Re: Anyone going to Stockholm on 5/29? (Gerg)

TallDarkandGeekedOut,

My understanding is that everything that pops off for an oil service has got to be safety wired to run at Stockholm. On my Husky, I'll strip off the mirror, the headlight and the rear fender with the tail light and put on my number plate an moto rear fender. I've already drilled everything out and so Saterday I'll do an oil change and wire it up.

BTW, if anybody needs safety wire, I can bring some a couple of spools to the track and you can take what you need.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

Do you know if Safety Wire Washers are acceptable as an alternative? The type that comes in the kit, and folds up around the bolt head?

I sent an e-mail off to the Contact form at Donohue's Supermoto website. I'll post the reponse here if/when I get one.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Re: Anyone going to Stockholm on 5/29? (Gerg)

Gerg,

The impression I got was that they're not too serious about the safety wire thing and they would have people there to safety wire your bike for you if you wished or to help you as well. I'd think your plan would be acceptable.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·

RULES HAVE BEEN POSTED!

TECH INSPECTIONS:

All bikes will be required to meet a maximum sound decibel limit of 96. Oil plugs must be either safety wired tied or silicone up to prevent leakage. You can dab the oil drain bolt with high temp (gorilla) silicone as a minimum. Catch cans must be installed on all carb and crankcase breather overflow vents or lines. Kickstands must be removed. Snell 95 or newer for a minimum on all helmets. Must have goggles or full face helmet with shield for eye protection. Suitable, protective riding gear mandatory. See AMA rules if in question.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts