Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I decided to give them a try on my bikes last fall and I changed my oil recently and noticed the magnet pulled some fine debris and some other small crap trapped in the filter.
I like the concept of being able to inspect the contents of the filter, and so far the filter seems to be well worth the money.
Ken

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: Anyone else running a Scotts performance oil filter? (NYCSTRIPES)

Ken,

do you have to buy filter cartridges for that, or is a cleanable, reusable filter unit?

i was eyeballing them myself..... i'm just leary of their cleaning/filtering capabilities, vs a disposable one.

Dave

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Anyone else running a Scotts performance oil filter? (Rigor)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Rigor »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Ken,

do you have to buy filter cartridges for that, or is a cleanable, reusable filter unit?

i was eyeballing them myself..... i'm just leary of their cleaning/filtering capabilities, vs a disposable one.

Dave</TD></TR></TABLE>They're cleanable stainless steel mesh and they are advertised as filtering smaller particles than paper elements do. Plus, there's a magnet.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Anyone else running a Scotts performance oil filter? (Area 51)

I just put one on my bike last week.. It looks like a decent quality unit. I haven't had to clean it out yet so I can't comment on that, but one of my buddies used the same filter for 4 years on a few different race bikes (F4i and two 600RR's) and he loves it. He claims you just clean it with dish soap and let it dry and its ready to go again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts