Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,388 Posts
Love SRADS. When I was looking at my ZX-7R I considered a mint '97 Red/Silver that belonged to the guy that kind of introduced me to riding. It was pretty immaculate and was jetted and piped. Ultimately I wound up getting the ZX-7R and I'm happy but the old SRAD was very nimble for it's time.

Downs for the bike were a flighty front end and peaky power delivery but it was still a great machine and had an excellent balance point for Mile long wheelies. It was also the first hooligan bike of choice around where I live.

·
Premium Member
6,388 Posts
maybe I am crazy but I believe that my srad with upgraded front and rear suspension was one of the best handling most stable bikes I have ever been on.

Yes, you're crazy. The selling point of the SRAD was it's lightweight design for it's time being nearly 60lbs lighter than the ZX-7R wet. The handling was light but it was sketchy at best in stock trim.

Great bike though.

·
Premium Member
6,388 Posts
At the rear wheel BABY!!!

Yeah, those were the days!!! We had a lot of fun spending $100k a year racing motorcycles!

Now, it's a different story. I finally went back on the track two weeks ago and had to put take offs on the bike.
Yeah, times are rough for sure. I'm riding around on ZX-7Rs and whatnot. :eek:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.