Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
3,662 Posts
Yes, I had three different models of SRAD, riding my first SRAD was an epiphany for me. Compared to the EXUP, ZXR, GSXRs and other Jap sportsbike I'd ridden previously it was in a different league and the first of the "modern" handling bikes.

·
Premium Member
6,388 Posts
Love SRADS. When I was looking at my ZX-7R I considered a mint '97 Red/Silver that belonged to the guy that kind of introduced me to riding. It was pretty immaculate and was jetted and piped. Ultimately I wound up getting the ZX-7R and I'm happy but the old SRAD was very nimble for it's time.

Downs for the bike were a flighty front end and peaky power delivery but it was still a great machine and had an excellent balance point for Mile long wheelies. It was also the first hooligan bike of choice around where I live.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
maybe I am crazy but I believe that my srad with upgraded front and rear suspension was one of the best handling most stable bikes I have ever been on. Thinking back on it now I cant imagine what it would of been like with a smaller battery and light wheels. Anyone got any pics?

I was so stoked to have the srad as my first bike when I turned 16. Bought it for cash with money I had earned over the summers. Great feeling

·
Premium Member
6,388 Posts
maybe I am crazy but I believe that my srad with upgraded front and rear suspension was one of the best handling most stable bikes I have ever been on.

Yes, you're crazy. The selling point of the SRAD was it's lightweight design for it's time being nearly 60lbs lighter than the ZX-7R wet. The handling was light but it was sketchy at best in stock trim.

Great bike though.

·
Registered
3,662 Posts
First trackday Clearways at Brands puke & purple SRAD my first circa 1996/7.

My second Oulton Park 1997 better to look at.

Both WTs the next was a WI in 1998. no photos but it was blue.

·
He with the senior member
5,671 Posts
Take Trussdude with a grain of salt. He likes the grunt of a Twin. He had one of the fastest 999Rs in the country. :cool: (mine was faster though hehehehe)
Ahh, 999R!

OK, so I can understand the lack of torque of the smaller, higher revving 750 vs the 999R....but I wouldn't have thought the 750 was much heavier (if any) than the 999R, unless it's very much lighter than stock. :)

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.