Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Big Member
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...with Horgay's celebratory demonstration? I thought it was funny how he was telling the corner workers to move away before he started his "moon walk." I think that is the most gay thing ever.

Can anyone think of any other celebration that's more annoying?

·
Registered
3,559 Posts
He's trying way too hard in his celebrations. It looks completely un-original and choreographed. He's trying to be more like Rossi. If he would just be humble and celebrate with honest emotion more people would like him. The kid can definately race though! :clapper

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
I would rather see a "Wow, I am so happy to have won!" celebration, than an orchestrated, "I knew I was going to win, and here is my planned celebration" anyday of the week!

·
Señor Member
1,694 Posts
Two things:

Jorge has his whole Lorenzo Land thing - it's a part of his marketing identity - planting a flag is a trademark. It's also a little offensive to some audiences. The moon landing softens that offensiveness. Jorge's not conquering YOUR country... he's reenacting a triumph of man from the 60's! Don't shoot at him!

X-Lite sells replica helmets of all his stuff - the regular black helmet with the Lorenzo Land logo, the moon helmet, the Captain America helmet, the Iron Man helmet... I have a feeling he will trot out the moon landing deal in each market that he can to move more replica helmets.

He'd be a fool not to.

·
Registered
409 Posts
So he's advertising products to put money in his pocket?
That's not a celebration, it's a commercial. If he's going to advertise I would prefer he simply thank his sponsors.:twocents

·
lidzduc.blogspot.com
3,578 Posts
He comes off as a Dick! I know Rossi had planned all his celebrations (it's in his book), but they were a new thing, then. Now, it looks phoney!!:cool:
Just race!

·
Registered
527 Posts
I'm all for a talented racer making as much money as possible in a tough and dangerous business , but WTF does he have to do with the damn moon landing ?! And all this over-the-top celebration makes it look like he's already won a bunch of championships . I think he's trying to rub Rossi's face in it . He should take a look at all the polls on the interweb indicating that most people think his MGP Championship is diminished by Rossi's early injury .

·
Currently: Moderating
12,576 Posts
Leghumpers are pissed! He must be doing something right! You guys can't stand that he is flatout dominating Rossi so the only thing you guys can say is that you hate his celebrations. Rossi has nothing to celebrate or he'd be doing it too. Just admit it, you hate him cuz he makes a dick outta Rosy!:clapper

·
Big Member
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I dont hate the guy and am not a Rossi leghumper. I just think his celebrations are terribly contrived and just plain stupid. When youre pushing corner workers away so you can start your silly moon walk, it just makes you look like an ass. As far as Horgay as a person, I dont know him but he doesnt seem like a dick to me so i have no opinion on that matter.

·
lidzduc.blogspot.com
3,578 Posts
Like a coach once said about the stupid touchdown celebrations---"Act like you've been there before!"

·
12,576 Posts
Like a coach once said about the stupid touchdown celebrations---"Act like you've been there before!"
What does that say about a guy who had a large banner with a picture of EVERY win he had? Poor guy acts like it's his first win everytime.:rolleyes:

Back to Lorenzo: The Super Mario one was the best, "GAME OVER" just said it all. There was nothing anyone could say. It was indeed OVER!:rockon

And jumping in the lake and almost drowning was anything BUT pre-planned and choreographed. Just admit you guys hate him cuz he's taking a piss all over Rosy.

·
V4 CyclePath...
6,827 Posts
I don't feel annoyed by anyone or anything in MotoGp...

·
Registered
4,632 Posts
I can't read Larry's blurb (thanks God for the Ignore feature, lol), but it must be said the man does have a certain expertise in the field of annoyance (in this case doing the annoying, lol)... :D

·
He with the senior member
5,671 Posts
to the OP, "Yes...it does look overly contrived to me."
I don't blame him for hamming it up after such masterful riding, but he needs to work at it to make it seem more spur-of-the-moment. ;)

Rossi does it much better!

(That should get our resident latent homosexual...errr, homophobe flapping again! :) )

·
Registered
143 Posts
Leghumpers are pissed! He must be doing something right! You guys can't stand that he is flatout dominating Rossi so the only thing you guys can say is that you hate his celebrations. Rossi has nothing to celebrate or he'd be doing it too. Just admit it, you hate him cuz he makes a dick outta Rosy!:clapper
Be honest now, how many Rossi posters do you have? One above you bed? :)

·
12,576 Posts
Be honest now, how many Rossi posters do you have? One above you bed? :)
Got rolls of them from the shop, I use them for toilet paper.;)

Seriously though, this thread is legendary already. "Lorenzo sucks cuz he celebrates!". He's not just celebrating, he's making Rossi look like a complete dick at the same time.:woot:

·
12,576 Posts
but he needs to work at it to make it seem more spur-of-the-moment. ;)
You mean like having your fan club run onto the track with costumes, desks, chairs, banners and other things that just happened to be around the track?:rolleyes: Real spur of the moment sh!t there.:clapper

1 - 20 of 22 Posts